Speer Impact Rifle bullets

I love the old 250 GS at .338 WM velocities, can't wait to see the 172 Gr .308 tested at .300 RUM speed !

One thing for sure is the OLD Speer 120 .257 Grand Slam bullet sure is accurate and would be the bullet that I would use in my 25-06 if Elk were ever in the cards for me. I still have a small stash of the OLD ones.

Another GREAT Speer bullet that I gave a try this deer season was the .264 120 gr GOLD DOT out of a 6.5 Grendel at 2550 fps. This is a accurate bullet and I have shot hundreds of deer with about all the major bullet maker bullets and some not so major and I have never seen a bullet perform like this Gold Dot did. When you read what Speer has to say about this rifle bullet in their book from the web site above about it being for self defense it does the same thing on a deer. BANG FLOP.

I would like to try the 140 gr Gold Dot in my 260 Rem as well. Looks like another very good bullet. This new Impact line of bullets just might be a highly refined version of the Gold Dot, time will tell if that's true.....

According to my BIL, the 150 gold dot from an AR10 is a hog slammer. He has a lot of praise for them in accuracy and terminal performance departments. Trouble is finding them lately, they are a rare as unicorn feathers.

I'm waiting for midsouth to stock the 75gr gold dot for my new 22-250 8T for some coyote medicine. I've got a few 168gr loaded up for the 30-06. I need to send them downrange at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It looks and reads like the Impact bullets are direct competitors to the ELD-X and Gamechanger bullets made for LR performance.

Looks very interesting. The only speer bullets I've loaded were the 6.5 mm HotCors. They shot very well and performance on deer was always great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard of Gold Dot rifle bullets. I thought a Gold Dot were pistol bullets only.

Nice looking offerings.

I really like Speer bullets, they have always shot very well for me and performance on game has been excellent. I have been shooting the 120gr Hot-Cor in my 25.06 for a very long time and have enough stored up to last me a lifetime and i'm glad I did. I was using the 120gr .264 in my daughters .260 but ran out so I switched to the Sierra 120gr PH and thankfully it has worked equally as well.

The Gold Dot 120gr .264 sounds interesting to try in my daughters .260 for deer and I may eventually. The impact bullets do look good but they don't have the caliber or grain bullet that i'd like to try. The only thing with Speer is that they seem to have a habit of discontinuing bullets like the 120gr .257 Hot-Cor, 120gr .264 Hot-Cor, and the deep curl line after I had a couple good loads worked up and there may be others that i'm not aware of. The Impact bullets do look very interesting, maybe they won't get the axe down the road as well.

These are 90gr Gold Dots fired at 100 yards from my 6.8 spc, muzzle velocity 2980.

9e6cb7b38404891bdb41b2e0336a6d4a.jpg

thatguySHM":bgjbbmen said:
These are 90gr Gold Dots fired at 100 yards from my 6.8 spc, muzzle velocity 2980.

Wow, those look danged good....

The 115s look just as good, just more shank. The petals peal back and open right up. I order a few boxes every time I need other bullets.

I have always had good luck with Speer's myself. It's a shame their marketing is all over the map.

thatguySHM that is what the 6.5 120 Gold Dot looks like from the Grendel at 2550 fps. I believe this was the type of expansion I got on the deer I shot with one this season. Hydrostatic effect was AWESOME and it penetrated length wise from chest to about 6 inches in front of the crotch and exited the belly with a thumb size hole. Deer was BANG FLOP. I just saw where Midway has gotten some of the 6.5 120 Gold Dots back in stock if anybody is interested.

Those bullets look great, the Gold Dot bullets seem to have a really good reputation for clean kills.

thatguySHM":2rmmjo0w said:

+1 on Scott’s comments. Nice expansion and impressive speed on the 6.8SPC. Could I trouble you to list your rifle and load specs?

I don't have my data in front of me currently, it's either 31 or 31.5gr H322, loaded to 2.260" with new Gold Dots, not pulled. Using old SSA brass with a Fed AR match primer.

Rifle is a 20" ARP barreled 3 groove Triad. Does real well keeping pressures down.

Here is the 115 I keep in my truck
277fe21c0e6546e0261d6df8d68bb154.jpg

Ok thanks.

Been toying for some while with the idea of a 6.8SPC bolt gun. Could be real nice on the pigs I think!

Back