New 70-Grain Accubond...data?

RiverRider

Handloader
Dec 9, 2008
I have been unable to find any loading data for this new bullet. I have managed to find some of the bullets to try out, but I'm puzzled as to why Nosler has not published any data at all---at least, not that I have been able to find. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

RiverRider":26cs7v6b said:
I have been unable to find any loading data for this new bullet. I have managed to find some of the bullets to try out, but I'm puzzled as to why Nosler has not published any data at all---at least, not that I have been able to find. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

Unless I missed it what cartridge are you loading for?
Here is the data for Nosler 22
https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/22-nosler/
There's others listed also, good luck.

I was looking for .223 Rem data, shooting an AR. The data shown on the site is for the 70-grain RDF...which is obviously better than a WAG, but data specific to the AccuBond would be nice. I have, and run QuickLOAD and that's better than a WAG also. I still would like to see published data, though.

Follow up:

I used QuickLOAD and compared its output with available data for bullets in the 69-grain to 77-grain range, and loaded up trial loads ranging from 22.3 to 23.5 grains of AR-Comp. I shot them in two nearly identical rifles with 18-inch LaRue barrels. I could tell immediately that the 70-grain AccuBond wants to shoot. The 22.9 and 23.2 grain loads shot well in both rifles, so I'm going with a 23.0-grain charge. Velocity is right at 2800 fps.

Another powder may work as well or better, but I have a lot of AR-Comp with no other dedicated purpose, so that's what I'm going with. Hopefully,now that I've seen that the bullet will cooperate, I can hone my AR15 shooting and get better off the bench.

SPS has the bullet available as a blem, so it is priced reasonably. I encourage anyone inclined to give it a try to do so. I like it!

That’s good to know. I had no luck with the 70RDF. Perhaps I’ll have better results with the 70AB.

Back