Anybody have a good load for 264wm using retumbo n 140 part.

RogueRiver

Handloader
Mar 13, 2005
Just wondering if anyone has a good elk load for 264wm, I will be using 140 grn partitions, with either retumbo or r.s. magnum. Might be hunting idaho this yr and know shots will be longer than western oregon.

I used Hodgdon's maximum of 63.5 gr of Retumbo in my old 264 WM and was able to get around 3050-3070 fps from a 24" barrel. It's a good load. Didn't have much success with Magnum but if you have it, it's certainly worth a try.

I have not tried a 140 Partition but i do use a 140 AccuBond with 66 grains of magnum Powder with excellent results, do work up to 66 grains. Tried retumbo but seemed to run into pressure spikes from time to time under simular shooting conditions. Like gerry said, if you have both give them a whirl.

I use it with 130 Accubonds and it is very accurate and fast. I have a 27 3/4" barrel and I get 3350 fps.

I also use Retumbo with 140 Accubonds. I cannot remember the charge weight but a quick search may turn up my results with it. Excellent accuracy and 3220 speeds..

Here is what I ended up using. Shouldn't be too different for the Partitions

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38241&hilit=Retumbo

Back