Annealing

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Every how often is this necessary? Also what is the easiest way of doing this and the fastest way? I was looking at the different machines out there however they do not work for all chamberings for instance 17 hornet and 460 Weatherby

Did u look at the salt bath system for annealing. Google salt bath annealing and it should come up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not sure if mine would work for the 17 Hornet but it works fine with the 222 Rem up to the 300 RUM. I use the Annealeez machine for my stuff and anneal after the first or second firing and pretty much every time thereafter. It’s so easy I can’t find a good reason not to do it.

I'm with Scotty ,I shoot new brass a cycle or two , then I anneal every time . I use a ballistic edge machine , I'd say it could handle any length case .

On new brass same as above I anneal on around the second firing. Thereafter I anneal every 2-3 firings. I don't have a machine but it's still 1 of the quickest things I do in the reloading process. On any used brass I happen to use, I now anneal the very first time before ever resizing.

I purchased a Bench Source annealer several years ago, as I did not like the inconsistency of using a drill and socket, and it seemed to be at a good price/usability point compared to some of the others. If I had a few people to go in on an AMP machine that would be nice but they are pricey.

I anneal now after each firing. I usually have plenty of brass to run at once, and since most of mine are once of 3 sizes (short Wby, long Wby, 270/standard) I can run several calibers at the same time before changing settings.

I think you can get away with dong every other firing based on tests that have been run, but for me I don’t want to forget which firing I’m on so they all get annealed.

I have started to anneal every firing now instead of every other firing,,,due to try to keep the neck tension the same on each firing. I use the Benchsource and I love it.

TackDriver284":2vjz9765 said:
I have started to anneal every firing now instead of every other firing,,,due to try to keep the neck tension the same on each firing. I use the Benchsource and I love it.

Same here. Every time for me.

cloverleaf":3cq5x3ar said:
What!?!?!? Nobody uses a candle....? CL
I still use the candle method. Sometimes I just switch from the candle to the little mini propane tanks. Burn my fingers some times with the torch though lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back