.243 90 gr Accubond vs 95 part.

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Haven't used either yet. Do have load worked up with the 95 part. Question is how does the 90 gr AccuBond compare in exit wound size to the 95 part? Have used the 100 gr pt know what it does. Shooting a .243 Win. Thanks, Dan.

I always used tipped bullets (mostly accubonds) until I went hunting with my cousin and his boy was using a Partition in 243. His boy shot a buck quartering to him, entered left shoulder passed through the shoulder, boiler room, all the way to the hind quarter, stopped at the skin in the round.

Every since then I’ve used Partition in everything possible. I tried to make 60gr Partition work in my 223 VSSF but the twist just wasn’t fast enough.

From slow 2500 FPS 180’s in 308 to fast 140’s in 26 Nosler, all partitions for me.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

Been a pt fan for long time but have and do use bt as well. Only ab I've used has been in the 7mmRM so was wondering how smaller ab compared. Thanks for all the imput. Dan.

Kinda makes me wonder how an Partitioned AccuBond would be! I only have experience with the 90gr E-tip, but I can say with certainty that they expand nicely as long as the velocity is still reasonable and they penetrate like crazy.

I haven’t been able to see a difference between Accubonds and Partitions in game. Tend to shoot whichever shoots best in my rifle.

Accubonds seem to hold a larger frontal area during penetration if that matters to you.

desertcj":36fb34th said:
Kinda makes me wonder how an Partitioned AccuBond would be! I only have experience with the 90gr E-tip, but I can say with certainty that they expand nicely as long as the velocity is still reasonable and they penetrate like crazy.
Isn't that what the Swift A-frame is? :)

I've been trying to get the Sierra Gamechanger to work in my new 243 but it just doesn't want to group well. A bit over 3" wide, less than an inch vertical at 300 yards. New stock should be coming so I can bed it tight and see what happens.

If that doesn't pan out, I'm going with the 85gr Partition as fast as I can push them. Something will come together. I've shot game with AccuBond's in many different calibers, they are my go to game bullet, just trying something different with this new rifle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have used the 90 grain AB on 2 game animals, both shot with a 240 Weatherby, with a muzzle velocity of approximately 3,420 ft/s. The first was an antelope at 323 yards (entered one shoulder, broke it, passed to the other side, broke the opposite shoulder. No exit, bullet weighed 70.4 grains when recovered.

Animal 2 was a 27 1/8" barbary sheep ram at 456 yards. Entered and broke the left shoulder, passed through the vitals and missed the other side shoulder. Bullet not recovered. The antelope went about 10 yards, the barbary froze solid for brief moment before falling straight down.

Excellent bullet in my opinion. No experience with the Partition but no doubt it would perform well too.

Back