More Speer Gold Dot .308 testing

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
This group is from my “budget” 20” upper from PSA. So far in two different 308’s these gold dots want to fly true with some encouragement. In Both rifles it was a stout dose of RL-15 that brought it together. And in the bolt gun, they behave like a bonded bullet wanting a long jump. In the AR308 I was limited to magazine length, but it worked out. I was all set to give up on the gold dots when it all came together. Not since I messed with the scirocco bullets in my 280 have I seen one go from a total dud to a champ in the flick of a switch. Funny how some bullets are like bridezillas and need everything just perfect to their liking.
06e3dcd6336ebfb73b65c428e378cf53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like my PSA guns... Haven't had a stinker yet!

Great shooting..

That looks very good. Always satisfying when things come together. Haven't worked with the Gold Dots, but I do have my share of experience with the Scirocco. You are correct that some bullets are just fussy. But when they work...

Great shooting! I was watching YouTube the other day where a guy was testing the 120 gold dot. Seemed to be very accurate and easy to tune. I really need to try some, I've had great luck with the old 140 HotCor in a 6.5 CM

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":2g8pm614 said:
Great shooting! I was watching YouTube the other day where a guy was testing the 120 gold dot. Seemed to be very accurate and easy to tune. I really need to try some, I've had great luck with the old 140 HotCor in a 6.5 CM

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve only tried the .308, but looking to try the .22 cal version in a 22-250. It’s 55. Grain, but the 12 twist should stabilize it fine. I’d bet it will make a dandy coyote bullet since I don’t care about pelt damage on them things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back