6.5 success

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Went out to play with my little 6.5 Begara. Haven’t done much with it, accuracy has just been so so. I would have called it a cheap rifle, I’ll say inexpensive now. Rifle and entry level Vortex set me back about 5 bills. I’m ok with that. IMG_2824.jpgIMG_2825.jpg
Going to let Susan’s Grandson use it for his first hunt this year. Should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Excellent. That'll do, for sure.

Load was straight out of the Nosler Book, 129 gr ABLR, 2.775 coal. 39 gr. RL15. I’m only getting 2726; standard deviation was 8.5 for 5 rounds.

Bergara was well know for quality barrels before they started marketing a rifle, yours sure does show that quality and not break the bank. awesome shooting

That should work. The 129 gr ABLR is a great deer bullet.

JD338

Quandary.
Susan’s Grandson is pretty excited. He’s going to get a deer for sure. Susan’s son wants to buy the rifle. I think I should give it to him (grandson) he’ll be 12 just in time for deer season. His maternal grandfather has a great ranch to hunt on the Oregon/Idaho border, the boy should get plenty of use out of it.
Rifles that shoot like that don’t come down the road every day.... hmmmm.
Think I’ll give it for Christmas.

That would sure be a great gift for a lad. I have no doubt he would treasure the rifle.

DrMike":2cipitax said:
That would sure be a great gift for a lad. I have no doubt he would treasure the rifle.

For sure. That’s a heckuva good investment in our future.

Oh man. Rifles like that are so much fun. Excellent shooting. If you give it away make sure that boy understands the treasure he's getting, like you say shooters like that don't fall in your lap every day. Good job.

We will see, learned there’s been a few issues at home. He’ll need to behave all summer.

The mere offer of gifting the rifle is a potent statement of your willingness to invest in the future.

Great gift and a bond that the two of you will have forever.
JD338

Back