110g Varmageddon. 308 OACL?

et310

Beginner
Jul 19, 2019
Hello everybody and thank you for the add.

I have the 110 grain bullets for a 308. Book oacl is 2.810 which will not fit in the mag. Even if it did the bullet would be on it's way out of the case becaus it's short. What would be a good seating depth for this bullet? The books started at 2.600 but the barrel and rifle is different from mine

M&p10 18" barrel 1:10 twist
Overall length guage is 2.871 (too long for mag)

Thank you

A quick search revealed that bullet is only .920 long. Seated a caliber depth of .308 into the neck would give it a O.A.L. of 2.617. Not surprisingly Nosler's tested O.A.L for that bullet is 2.600. My advice for what it's worth for easiest load development is start there and don't worry a bit about how big a jump the bullet is getting. When you find your best shooting powder charge, if not good enough yet, then move your seating depth both directions .020 or so to see if there's a direction it's improving. Regardless of jump, you will chase your tail way less coming up with a workable load seated to the base of neck than you will running that bullet to far out the neck trying to minimize jump.

Back