Does the Jagemann/Sig Sauer rifle brass have to be prepped?

preacher

Handloader
Aug 19, 2012
Flasholes? Primer pockets? Chamferred? I like Nosler/Norma/lapua just because they "don't need" prepping. I don't mind doing it, seeing as its a one time job, just like the quality of brass that doesn't need it.

I bought 100 of the Jagemann for my .308win. Only loaded 50 but each was same length, ran thru a neck sizer die. Didn't do anything to the primer pockets and they were all tight using Fed210GM primers. 3 loadings on this brass and no problems. Groups are as tight when using Lapua. Dan.

Agree with buckbuster, the Jagemann brass I purchased (.300WM) was perfect and didn't need any further work. Has held up well over 3 firings.

Just to add, I purchased 100 pieces of the Jagemann 6.5 Creedmoor and I found it to be very consistent. Only 4 out of 100 needed to be trimmed to get it all to min length. I weighed 10 pieces and there was only .4 grain of variation in those 10 pieces. I chamfered all the case mouths after I ran the expander to round out the case mouths. I shot excellent groups that were consistent with Starline and Hornady. Primer pockets still tight using Winchester and Federal 210 and 210GM primers.
Ben

Thanks guys. I had paid $91 for 50 Nosler 300WM when I saw these Jagemann cases. So I returned the Nosler brass and bought "100" for $98! No brainer huh? ha

I just got them in and they are "suh weet"! Just as fine "looking" as Nosler, Norma or lapua!

Back