Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Availability of Reloder 26?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 am 

I haven't seen any Reloder 26 for sale anywhere in a long time. Does any one have any idea of why it is so scare and when it might be available again? I have a couple of loads it seems to work very good in but I am hesitant to do much load development with just the one pound that I have.

Dan

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Availability of Reloder 26?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 am 

Check with Powder Valley on availability. I usually have good luck with them and the prices are right.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am 

diverdown wrote:
Check with Powder Valley on availability. I usually have good luck with them and the prices are right.

Diverdown, based on your suggestion, I just checked Powder Valley. However, they are out of stock.

In New York State, we have the "SAFE ACT" which prevents us from directly ordering loaded cartridges, primers, or powder. So, I have to find a gun shop within driving distance that either stocks the stuff or is willing to order it for me. So, that means that the distributors for the local gun shops also have to have it. it is a real bummer trying to get anything that is not .243, 270, 308, or 30-06 related.

Dan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 am 

Everybody's pretty much back order on that

Weatherby...There is no replacement for displacement!

My blog. Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:19 am 

I recently emailed Alliant asking what the complication(s) was and in the reply there was no hard and fast answer. However, they said that hopefully there could be a shipment by the end of the month.

Ron

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:03 am 

NYDAN wrote:
I haven't seen any Reloder 26 for sale anywhere in a long time. Does any one have any idea of why it is so scare and when it might be available again? I have a couple of loads it seems to work very good in but I am hesitant to do much load development with just the one pound that I have.

Dan

Dan, if you ever get down around Harrisburg, check out Shyda's Gun Shop. They have the largest powder selection I have ever seen and the very best prices I have paid. They usually have anything a guy could want in 1-5-8lb jugs. I'd give them a ring and see what they have before making the trip, but they had Fed 215M's when everyone else did not!

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 am 

SJB358 wrote:
Dan, if you ever get down around Harrisburg, check out Shyda's Gun Shop. They have the largest powder selection I have ever seen and the very best prices I have paid. They usually have anything a guy could want in 1-5-8lb jugs. I'd give them a ring and see what they have before making the trip, but they had Fed 215M's when everyone else did not!

Scotty, Thanks for the suggestion. I get close enough to Harrisburg that it wouldn't be that far out of my way to stop in sometime.

Dan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 pm 

I just checked Sportsman's Warehouse availability and there is 1 LB in stock in the entire company. All stores and the warehouse!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm 

NYDAN wrote:
SJB358 wrote:

Scotty, Thanks for the suggestion. I get close enough to Harrisburg that it wouldn't be that far out of my way to stop in sometime.

Dan

It’s worth the stop Dan. Trust me. I know how much you like to load ammo and Shydas is THE BEST reloading place I’ve found from Coast to Coast snoopin. Powder and primers is their thing. They do stock a good amount of Bullets though and I’ve yet to see anyone beat their price.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:35 pm 

FOTIS wrote:
I just checked Sportsman's Warehouse availability and there is 1 LB in stock in the entire company. All stores and the warehouse!

Thank, Fotis. Unfortunately, I can't order primers, powder or loaded ammo in New York State due to the "NYS Safe Act". But, now that you found a pound, I bet someone here will order it right away.

Dan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 pm 

NYDAN wrote:
FOTIS wrote:

Thank, Fotis. Unfortunately, I can't order primers, powder or loaded ammo in New York State due to the "NYS Safe Act". But, now that you found a pound, I bet someone here will order it right away.

Dan

To the best of my (NY) knowledge, the law only applied to ammo and that was relaxed with the state's inability to create the required database to support the stupid regulation. Several ammo suppliers ship to NY residences every day. Targetsport.com is one of the biggest suppliers.

Shipping powder and primers were never an issue under the UnSafeAct.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:44 am 

I have about 1 1/2 pds I use 'sparingly" ha. So far, its been the best in my 270W and 160PT. It seems to indeed be "pixie dust", ha. But N560 seems to run right with it, so a pretty good substitute.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:54 am 

Wait a minute...I can't find any N560 either! :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:17 am 

I found some RL26 at a store about 35 miles from me. Their price is $ 39.99 lb. Is this average or price gouging? H4350 is the same price and it is one of the powders hard to find within my normal driving distance. What prices are you guys paying? Dan.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 am 

Dan, that's high compared to what I pay. Powder ranges from $26-$31 per lb depending on what type and where I'm buying it. Average is $28-$29 per lb.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:24 am 

Is this average or price gouging? H4350 is the same price

Yes, but it depends on how bad you want it. You figure you are going to get a 100+ rounds from a pound, for hunting one pound can last several years.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:40 am 

Agree with Preacher as far as figuring it for hunting only. A lb will last a LONG time. I'd have trouble paying those prices though with any amount of shooting. I just picked up a lb of IMR 4350 last week here locally and total price out the door was $28.50. That's about average.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm 

Yeah its high at this store. Supply and demand I guess. Usually check couple others when I'm close to them. Dan.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:48 am 

My LGS told me yesterday they will be receiving a shipment on Tuesday, 16 one pounders and 2 eight pounders. $28 and $200 respectively. Maybe what Alliant told me in their email has come to fruition.

Ron

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:55 pm 

Well, I figured it out, if I don't spill any, I have components for 175 rds of R26/160PT. If I only use 10rds a year, that gives me another 17yrs or so of elk ammo! ha. I'll only be 83, heck, maybe I'll have the barrel shot out by then! :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 am 

SJB358 wrote:

Scotty, I got to Shyda's Outdoor Center yesterday. It is a great shop for reloaders. For anyone who gets to the that area, it would be worth stopping in for a look see. I stopped in and left with a receipt for over $200. :grin:

Here is a link to their website: https://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/

Scotty, thank you for the tip.

Oh, by the way, they received their shipment from Alliant yesterday and did not get any Reloder 26. The owner called the rep. and was told that maybe at the end of August or beginning of September some would be coming in.

Dan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 am 

Dang, that stinks they didn't have 26.. And yup, I can't go in unless I am ready to uncurl the billfold. They have too much great stuff in there!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 am 

RL 26 RL 33 and Retumbo are tough to locate around here......

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 pm 

I am part of the problem as I picked up a 8lb of Reloader26 to try my 6mm Rem and 300 H&H and have yet to get to it. I am curious as what it will do in my 6mm Rem with a 95gr BT.
After the last powder shortage I don't want to get caught short. Sorry

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:17 pm 

I bought 8lbs of RE26 before the shortage. I figured that it would last me for several years considering that I must have three dozen different powders on hand.
Just poured the last of the big jug into an empty 1lb bottle. Does this stuff evaporate??

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4 Go to page 1, 2  Next