StaBall 6.5

desertcj

Handloader
Sep 27, 2010
I just found out about this new powder. Supposed to be a temp stable ball powder. Anybody get there hands on this stuff yet to give it a try? Hodgdon has online data for it. Looks pretty good in 7mm-08, I may have to give it a try.

I saw on another reloading group I'm involved with that Powder Valley was the only one who had it so far but apparently they sold out in a short time. I too would like to try it. I want to try it in my 6.5creedmoor and my 7x57. If you get your hands on some, give us a report back and let us know how it does for you.

Looks like a good fit for nearly everything I load for...and that ball powder will go though my throw and really speed up my loading time!

Out of a Tikka T3 Lite stainless using Big Game:

120 NBT 3126 FPS
140 Partition 2890 FPS
150 eldx 2790 FPS

StaBall has slightly higher velocities posted, but not enough to be interesting.

P

162gr at 2800fps is interesting to me in a 7mm-08. I have been wanting to try that with RL16, looks like this new powder may be able to do it as well.

I’m down to my last 3 1/2 lbs of RL-26 and haven’t found it in months! Lol

For those interested, I ordered two pounds of it yesterday from Powder Valley. At the time I ordered, their site said they had 99 in stock. It was $25/lb.

Ron

Interesting... I may have to try some for the 260, with the eldx. Also wonder why they don't have any data for the 243, maybe its forthcoming.

Watched that YouTube video today. Should have called it Staball-ish 6.5...lol

desertcj":1wqqcr9k said:
Watched that YouTube video today. Should have called it Staball-ish 6.5...lol

Yeah, after seeing the results I'm not sure I'll bother. H4350 works pretty well with everything I'd load it in.

H4350 Kicked its butt for temperature stability BIG TIME

The stuff seems to good to be true as advertised. I’m going to wait on this for a bit to see how it pans out.

Back