First reloads for the interarms mark x 30/06

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Tried my first reloads with H4350 and 180 nosler bt. Believe its gonna be pretty good.
1822742e35df5f7208498810d87e4715.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, those look pretty good. Maybe playing with seating depth will tighten them up.

I plan on giving that a try DrMike. I messed around and let it get to close to deer season. Now I'm playing catch up lol.

Gotta' say, I wondered about those patterns on the left side of each target. :? That's pretty bad stringing. :shock: :mrgreen: I believe your loads will work just fine.

Ha Dr Mike beat me to it.

I’ve looked at targets on notebook paper like that through spotter and gotten that “gut sink” before remembering the three hole punches in the side!

Nice shooting rifle you got there Fotis those are really nice rifles so no surprise. Not much you can’t do with that combination!

Slimfinn":ql0dkqep said:
Is the first target really 46gr of 4350?
Good catch! I was apparently thinking of my 7x57 load when I wrote that down, brain fart on my part. It's actually 56 grains of H4350. Thanks for catching that.

I had an Interarms MKX about 38 years ago. It was a shooter. I used IMR 4350 with Speer 150 BT and Sierra 165 GKHP. Both were wicked on east NC deer. Trouble I had with this rifle was the stock. The barrel had to be free floated to really shoot but the forearm wanted to warp causing point of impact changes with weather changes. I fought this for about 4 years and finally gave up and sold the rifle and bought a Rem. Sportsman 78 in 30-06 which also was a good shooter. After a few years I used this action which is nothing but a 700 that was plain Jane to build a REAL shooter in 25-06 which I still have and will probably be put in my casket with me when I did. LOL

1Shot":2sa5gl3l said:
I had an Interarms MKX about 38 years ago. It was a shooter. I used IMR 4350 with Speer 150 BT and Sierra 165 GKHP. Both were wicked on east NC deer. Trouble I had with this rifle was the stock. The barrel had to be free floated to really shoot but the forearm wanted to warp causing point of impact changes with weather changes. I fought this for about 4 years and finally gave up and sold the rifle and bought a Rem. Sportsman 78 in 30-06 which also was a good shooter. After a few years I used this action which is nothing but a 700 that was plain Jane to build a REAL shooter in 25-06 which I still have and will probably be put in my casket with me when I did. LOL
Thanks 1shot. I have also free floated the barrel on this interarms. Along with bedding the lug and a rear pillar. Actually the lug was bedded when I got the rifle. I've wondered about barrel channel warping myself.

Finished getting the mark x set for season today. Still grouping good. Checked with the chronograph and speed came it at 2694 fps. Should be fine for my purposes without being to hard on the brass.

Cleveland do you have the factory trigger on your mark x? I just picked 1 up in a 308 and the trigger feels heavy.

It looks like the factory trigger, but I'm not 100% sure. Mine feels pretty decent. I checked it and its 3 lb 10 oz. I have not messed with it any though. Although the previous owner may have.

I shot an Interarms Zastava 30-06 for year. Then gave it to my brother. The most accurate rifle I ever owned. CCI250, 60gr H414, 150gr Ballistic tip.

Back