Alliant Reloder 26 (Maybe if we could find it!)

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
What is the major malfunction with stocking Reloder 26? It hasn't been available for a LONG time. It's sold out everywhere in the United States. (unless I'm missing something)

Why would we as shooters waste many hours working up safe accurate loads with a powder nobody can keep in stock? It's a good powder but nowhere near good enough to have brand loyalty when it can't be obtained. Seriously Alliant?! Get the kinks in your supply chain worked out.

Many shooters are pissed about it, and many others are starting to view Alliant as a joke because of it.

"Reloder 26, the powder they made in the back yard. Lost the recipe, now can't remember how to mix more."

The project manager for that particular product should be seeking employment elsewhere.

I generally buy it by the 8# jug. If that is not available I get 5 or 6 1#'s. I never buy just 1# of anything anymore in the popular powders because I want time to find more when I have found good loads.

Agreed, as do I. Still have about 3 1/2# of the original 8# RL-26 left. This is why I've stuck with IMR for the past 35 years, and will for 35 more, first and foremost because I can find it. Also, it's very accurate, and pushes top velocities without fail if the correct burn rate is used.

I should've known better than to invest time into a new powder when there is over 75# of various burn rate IMR powders in my lockers. I got sucked in.............

RE 26 has resurfaced periodically. I had an 8# jug but as it ran low I noticed that Powder Valley Inc got a delivery and I ordered another 6-1# cans. No 8# were available at the time.
You "may" be able to get on a NOTIFY list with them. When it comes in again you must order fast because they sell out in a day or two.
Sometimes it's just better to work up a good load with a readily available powder and forget the extra 50-100 fps that RE26 gets ya.

Same here. I’ve had two different local gun stores order it for me.. give it x weeks and viola.. it comes in... I find all your in demand powders are under supply pressure...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same with H1000. Are many guys trying the new Endron IMR powders? Seems those go from 4350 range through Retumbo .... that covers a lot of ground/cartridges.

H1000 was really hard to get a few years back. A gun writer writes an article how good it is and bam it’s nearly impossible to get. Same for H4350. I went to RL16 because of it being so hard to get for awhile.

Keep your eyes open and it’ll come around. It’s a damned good powder but like others said, I get 8lbs whenever I can and always boot myself if I don’t need it and pass it by.

https://www.bobcatarmament.com/alliant- ... pound.html

Back