200 AB in 35 REM

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
I know this is kind of a reach but was curious if anyone had tried the 200 gr AB in a 35 REM? The velocity might be too low if not used at a close range to reliably expand. Wondering if it had been tried. Dan.

Never tried it, but it strikes me as a waste of money. One of the beauties of a round like the .35 Rem is that just about any bullet will hold together well at those velocities. No need for bonding.

Dan, My concern would be that unless you were going to single load it, it would be almost impossible to make work. WAY to long for the 35 Rem.

According to Nosler, that bullet is 1.213 in length. If I'm figuring right that means to have that bullet loaded at Max spec length for the 35 Rem, there would still be a full .272 of bullet below the neck. That's some serious powder cramping, not to mention at that point it might be seated past the ogive.

Another way of looking at it is if you seat that bullet to the base of the neck, your O.A.L. would be 2.797, instead of Saami max length of 2.525.

ShadeTree":2hcvcedw said:
Dan, My concern would be that unless you were going to single load it, it would be almost impossible to make work. WAY to long for the 35 Rem.

According to Nosler, that bullet is 1.213 in length. If I'm figuring right that means to have that bullet loaded at Max spec length for the 35 Rem, there would still be a full .272 of bullet below the neck. That's some serious powder cramping, not to mention at that point it might be seated past the ogive.

Another way of looking at it is if you seat that bullet to the base of the neck, your O.A.L. would be 2.797, instead of Saami max length of 2.525.
I agree it would take up powder space. Just thought someone might have got really bored or wanted to waste some money, lol. Thanks for the comments. Dan.

I have a 338 Marlin Express lever gun.

I have been playing with 200gr Accubonds. I file the point flat. It takes about 0.3grs Off the weight.

Some guys on Marlin forum have been using these

Here is a link, but should work for the 35 also if you want to play.

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/308- ... gr-rn.html

Attachments

• 0D1C0959-08EF-4B65-A7FC-B73147FCE306.jpeg
    0D1C0959-08EF-4B65-A7FC-B73147FCE306.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 176
Back