9.3x62 new reloads with 250 gr AB

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Still trying to break that magical 2,600 fps with the 250 AB. Today I got too 2,575 fps with SD of 7 fps. Groups were plenty good for hunting. Still gonna try to shrink them down some.
3332357c3e240dcdd1efec8b1e708805.jpg
6ccd5bf407f1e9d0497cbfa480ad84cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Also shot a group with the Norma PH factory loads. This rifle loves this load with the 230 gr ecostrike at 2,623 fps. I'm wondering why I'm even playing with another bullet lol. Starting to think I should just buy a box or too of the Norma factory loads every month, and just build up a stash. Well I'm still gonna play with the 250 AB because I have to have something to tinker with [emoji1787]. Here is the 5 shot group with Norma PH.
13a3f08ee5cd939f6625438bcfae43fa.jpg

Holy Moly that Norma load shoots well! Ya, if that bullet will do what you want it to do on game, I'd just buy a case of it and call it good.

Re your handloads, the velocity and the SD are great, and the groups are obviously good enough for the purpose. I'd hunt with it.

(y)

It's funny your 9.3 loads and my favorite 375 H&H load aren't far apart:

9.3 - 250 gr AccuBond, 62 gr RL-15, 2575 fps

375 - 260 gr AccuBond, 69 gr RL-15, 2650 fps

Very similar!

Guy Miner":2ghb5cre said:
It's funny your 9.3 loads and my favorite 375 H&H load aren't far apart:

9.3 - 250 gr AccuBond, 62 gr RL-15, 2575 fps

375 - 260 gr AccuBond, 69 gr RL-15, 2650 fps

Very similar!
Thanks Guy! I'm trying to round up some varget for the 250's. Its suppose to be great, but varget has dried up locally. They are very similar arent they? As far as the stuff I've read those two cartridges have worked in Africa for well over a century. Both my brothers have 375 H&H and it's a lovely old round, I just decided to be a little different from them lol.

Looks like you’re mighty close with those loads. Maybe try bumping up the charge a little and see what happens. I know with my Whelen and RL15 it came alive the closer I got to max.

It’s pretty hard to not do what Guy said, cause darned if that Norma ammo isn’t shooting!

SJB358":1ahhkczl said:
Looks like you’re mighty close with those loads. Maybe try bumping up the charge a little and see what happens. I know with my Whelen and RL15 it came alive the closer I got to max.

It’s pretty hard to not do what Guy said, cause darned if that Norma ammo isn’t shooting!
Started working on some last night. Gonna try bumping up charge a bit, and probably gonna seat them just a tad deeper and see what happens.

Wow that rifle sure likes that Norma load!
Regardless of bullet weight and velocity, there isn't much in North America (or anywhere else for that matter! LOL) that is going to walk away from that well placed bullet!

Going to have to try it in my rifle.
I know my Sako really likes the Nosler 250gr AccuBond factory ammo, producing .512" groups with 3 shots at 100 yards. Just haven't chronied it yet. Looking forward to working up a load for it and seeing if I can duplicate groups like your Norma ammo!
Can't wait to harvest a moose, elk or bison with it too!

Blkram":blia124r said:
Wow that rifle sure likes that Norma load!
Regardless of bullet weight and velocity, there isn't much in North America (or anywhere else for that matter! LOL) that is going to walk away from that well placed bullet!

Going to have to try it in my rifle.
I know my Sako really likes the Nosler 250gr AccuBond factory ammo, producing .512" groups with 3 shots at 100 yards. Just haven't chronied it yet. Looking forward to working up a load for it and seeing if I can duplicate groups like your Norma ammo!
Can't wait to harvest a moose, elk or bison with it too!
Thanks! I've got some more loaded up with slightly heavier charge of RL15. Also have some loads with CFE 223 powder to check for speed and pressure. Hopefully be able to shoot them this weekend.

Man that factory load is hammering! Darn good shooting as well. Hope you get what your looking for with reloads, but if not, you're already set!

ShadeTree":fas5b5lu said:
Man that factory load is hammering! Darn good shooting as well. Hope you get what your looking for with reloads, but if not, you're already set!
Thanks! Hopefully get to try em out after church sunday if the rain holds out.

Wish you the best of luck with your load. I’ve always thought the 9.3’s were cool but, I never bought one. I’m primarily a deer and black bear hunter and I can hardly justify my 35 Whelen build. Not that simple justification has ever stopped me. A 250 at 2600 would thump pretty darn good. Should be able to do that and more with a 9.3X62.

Brinky72":bg3gswc8 said:
Wish you the best of luck with your load. I’ve always thought the 9.3’s were cool but, I never bought one. I’m primarily a deer and black bear hunter and I can hardly justify my 35 Whelen build. Not that simple justification has ever stopped me. A 250 at 2600 would thump pretty darn good. Should be able to do that and more with a 9.3X62.
Thanks! Some of the more aggressive modern loads really put some power behind the 9.3. I'll be plenty happy with 2600 fps though. Heck if it comes down to it I'd be happy with 2550 fps for what I hunt.

Back