300 RUM Loads

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
Can anyone share their experience and load data using the Nosler 190 ABLR bullet? My Nephew uses this bullet in his 300 Win Mag and swears by it. My rifle is a 700 BDL with a 26" barrel that is ported.
I will add this, I'm intending to go for Elk in Colorado this year and just wanted a higher BC. I'm currently using the 200 AB getting close to 3100 FPS.

Thanks,
Don

remingtonman_25_06":3eqek3hr said:
Nope not with that bullet...never got any ABLRs to shoot in anything. I'd try the 200g AB if I was him.

I’m with Jorey. I tried my best to make the 210 ABLRs work for me. Had great speed with them at nearly 3100 but for the love of all that was holy I couldn’t make them consistently accurate. It made me crazy.

220 Scenar and 200 AB along with a pile of others did exactly what they were supposed to do in my RUM.

Both of mine shoot the 190’s with 90.5 gr. H1000 can’t recall FPS but am thinking it was 3125 but not sure. Both Remington 700

DON":3hspe9wk said:
I will add this, I'm intending to go for Elk in Colorado this year and just wanted a higher BC. I'm currently using the 200 AB getting close to 3100 FPS.

Thanks,
Don

I think you've already got pretty much the perfect bullet for your 300 Rem Ultra Mag!

(y)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not unhappy with my current 200 AB load. Just interested in what the new ABLR bullets may have over the conventional AB I'm using and if it's worth the bother.

I may not have the time to develop a new load till October anyway.

Don

Back