Next Generation Reloading

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
My 2 year old grandson was helping me load some 6.5 Creedmoor loads. He was enjoying his time on the RCBS press seating bullets. The same press his mother helped me load 25+ years ago and I started my reloading back in 1974. Fun times...

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_102042198.jpg
    IMG_20200329_102042198.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 639
  • IMG_20200329_102249715.jpg
    IMG_20200329_102249715.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 638
  • IMG_20200329_102052461.jpg
    IMG_20200329_102052461.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 638
That is just too neat, Jim. Congratulations. Gotta' be gratifying to a grandpa to enjoy that time with the lad!

That brings back memories!!
My granddaughter was "helping" when she was at that age. She would seat the bullets once set up. What was just crazy is she would recite to her mom the steps of reloading ammo. At about 5 she would measure the COAL and write it down on most of the ammo and put them in to the box. She just like to hang out with Papa and it gave her something to do. One rule we had is she did not handle powder or charged brass. I would set them into the press and she would seat the bullet and then put them in to the box.

JD, I can flip those pictures right side up for you if you'd like. Being they're personal pictures I didn't want to mess with them without asking.

EXCELLENT!

I remember about age 4 or 5, "helping" Grandpa & Dad by seating bullets for their rifle cartridges.

And when my sons were young, that was their first task at handloading - seating the bullets.

You're doing good stuff there JD338. (y)

Guy

JD, just got back on here and went to post your pictures, I use post image as a host site to post pictures from and their site is temporarily under maintenance. I'll fix them for you as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I appreciate it.
Seating bullets is fun and easy. That's how I started both of my daughters out helping their dear 'ol Dad. Nice to know that I must have been doing it right based on what you fellas are saying.

JD338

Here you go JD, post image was down for 2 days, but I'm able to post your pictures now.

BTW, tell who I'm assuming is your wife, that I like her shirt. Good message. I'm trying to do my part in these unusual times.

Thanks ST! Yes, my child bride looks on as we seat bullets. Giving back is something that we both like to do but we can't now with the current situation but her employer made national news a few weeks ago stepping e to supply hospitals with a much needed product that is in short supply. Made us all feel good.

JD338

JD338":3mukwihi said:
Thanks ST! Yes, my child bride looks on as we seat bullets. Giving back is something that we both like to do but we can't now with the current situation but her employer made national news a few weeks ago stepping e to supply hospitals with a much needed product that is in short supply. Made us all feel good.

JD338

Jim please tell Sue and her company thank you. Its tough enough knowing the virus is around and doing everthing possible to keep from getting it in everyday life but walking into work at a hospital everyday knowing it's there and not having the ppe needed is real scarry.

That's great and a real good way to get them off the X-box and spend some quality time with PawPaw..My grandson loves to help sort out range pick up brass and help seat 223 bullets....During this quarantine I got tired of hearing "I'm bored", so sorting a few thousand pcs of brass kept him occupied........

Attachments

• 20180724_205139.JPG
    20180724_205139.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 357
hunter24605":3bcep13u said:
That's great and a real good way to get them off the X-box and spend some quality time with PawPaw..My grandson loves to help sort out range pick up brass and help seat 223 bullets....During this quarantine I got tired of hearing "I'm bored", so sorting a few thousand pcs of brass kept him occupied........

Well, that no doubt kept the young man occupied. Great idea.

Back