Case prep Sunday!

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
IMG_0844.jpg
Pretty maids all in a row. 28Nosler and 6.5Creedmoor
Today was a busy day in the mancave. I prepped a lot of brass.
200 28Nosler chamfered, annealed and primed. I had already sized and neck turned these.
100 Hornady 6.5Creedmoor resized, cleaned, trimmed, chamfered, annealed and primed.
100 Win 223 resized, cleaned, trimmed, chamfered and polished.
100 new Sig 223 sized into 17x223 and chamfered.
100 257R AI resized, cleaned and polished.
100 338 Win resized and cleaned. Giving these to a young man who just acquired a new elk rifle.
IMG_0848.jpg
How about this sleek beauty! 257R AI with a 131gr blackjack bullet. Not sure if my rifle's twist will handle them but if it does, it should fly at about 3050 - 3100fps. It has a G7 of .330. I have this round chambered in a Win 70 that will allow 3.1" in the mag. Should be fun long range.

Scott

You anneal.after sizing?
I was told ypu should do that before sizing - but it seems to work for you...looks like time well spent!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Very nice Scott. Case prep is my least favorite chore but whatever it takes!

Looks good Scott. I sure like the looks of that 257 Roberts AI. Talk about an efficient cartridge design. I'm guessing you have a 1:10 twist. That 131 gr at 3100 fps and a BC of .330 will be impressive when you stretch the barrel.

JD338

SJB358":1i4ejo13 said:
Very nice Scott. Case prep is my least favorite chore but whatever it takes!
Scotty,
The right tools make the difference! Little crow trimmer, Annealeze and powered case prep center make it much more efficient. I used to hate it as well. I'm seeing group sizes shrink with neck turning and annealing.

Scott

Dummy here but say in a specific cartridge such a the 28 Nosler do you know how much to turn the neck to begin with or is it trial and error until you get the results you want?
Once you find the sweet spot is there any adjustment needed to turn subsequent brass?
Would the turned brass work better in all 28 Nosler rifles or would you have to tune the brass to a specific gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, next time I need some case prep done I k how who to send them to haha. I hate case prep. It's the worst part of reloading for me anymore...

Back