Reloading room changes.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Local business relocated to a different building and had some cabinets in a back room they said I could have if I wanted them. Sure thing.

Not that it matters for a reload room in the unfinished part of a basement, but they're solid oak base and wall cabinets with good hinges and rails on the doors and drawers.

Got them installed and hung and put some peg board along the back.

Got some of the stuff organized in it. Really haven't put anything in the drawers yet, just the shelves in the top cabinet.

Dies, powders, and bags of Win 348 and 7mm-08 brass I picked up is the bulk of what's in the top shelves so far. Feels weird having extra space for once.

I also made a new press bench while I was at it. Before it was just mounted on a wide board. Probably 4-5 yrs ago I got a laminated top given to me off a buddies wood pile where he gets various end pieces and wood scrap from a local cabinet factory. Been laying in my garage ever since waiting for a use. Serves the same purpose, but gives me a lot more room.

Directly across from the cabinets in this room is my work bench along with shelves that I keep my bullets on. If my wife ever had any plans for finishing this room and turning it into something, I'd say we are past the point of no return as a gun and reloading room. :lol:

That set is in excellent shape, having an abundance of space sure is nice. Like your supply of powder too.

Outstanding!

Several years ago I set up a spare bedroom in our home as my gun-tinkering, handloading, fly-tying room.

It's become my favorite room in the whole house. :grin:

I predict that you'll enjoy your reloading room immensely.

Regards, Guy

Looks good Shade Tree. Well organized and plenty of space. You will enjoy every minute spent there. Dan.

Well that is just outstanding. Sometimes its pays to be "lucky" too. Made me smile....couldn't help but notice the "plate rail" on top of the wall cabinets.... You've got room for your fine china too! My luck the wife would want those cabinets in HER kitchen.... They look nicer than she has. Hope you don't have to work that out. :) Enjoy! CL

Thanks fella's. I'm not an organizer by nature, but try to work at it in a reloading room. This is gonna make things a little easier.

cloverleaf":3i23s3zh said:
Well that is just outstanding. Sometimes its pays to be "lucky" too. Made me smile....couldn't help but notice the "plate rail" on top of the wall cabinets.... You've got room for your fine china too! My luck the wife would want those cabinets in HER kitchen.... They look nicer than she has. Hope you don't have to work that out. :) Enjoy! CL

Didn't even see that good catch. Looks like a perfect place to put a few cleaned up skulls, maybe bear or some other predators ;)

ST

Very nice! You are going to love having the organization and extra space. Maybe some under cabinet LED lights sometime in the future would be nice to illuminate your work area. I did that and it made a huge improvement for me.

JD338

Busy 4'th weekend with a big family get together, and even busier beginning of the week so just getting back to responding.

JD, thought about that same thing. With the walls open yet it wouldn't be hard to wire up a receptacle underneath the cabinet or on the pegboard wall. Should do that as it could come in handy for a variety of things. However it isn't as dark as it appears, those cabinet doors being open are blocking some of the light.

Seeing where he has rl16 and 26 he needs too be careful about getting robbed;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Looks nice and comfy. Enjoy!

Very nice. You will get many hours of enjoyment in that room (and perhaps a couple of hours of perplexation) :) Dan

Back