RWS Brass

6.5_sWv

Beginner
Mar 5, 2019
I would like to try some RWS brass in 7x57 or 8x57 or both. I know that Huntington Reloading sells some of their products, but I can only find the 8x57 rimmed version and I need it for a 8x57 bolt action. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to purchase RWS brass.

RWS ist good, but not better than Lapua or Norma.
If prices are in the same range, try one of those if you can get them.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

I usually use ammoseek.com to search for supplies. However I just tried 7x57 RWS and came up empty

noslerpartition":371ct7u6 said:

I'm not help for you in the USA. I do buy a fair amount of RWS brass here in Canada, primarily for 9.3X64 or 8X68S. The aforementioned poster is correct in directing you to either Lapua or Norma, either of which is excellent brass. To be sure, RWS is good brass, but I wouldn't say it is better than Lapua or Norma, each of which I've used extensively.

DrMike":3c6uyezo said:
noslerpartition":3c6uyezo said:

I'm not help for you in the USA. I do buy a fair amount of RWS brass here in Canada, primarily for 9.3X64 or 8X68S. The aforementioned poster is correct in directing you to either Lapua or Norma, either of which is excellent brass. To be sure, RWS is good brass, but I wouldn't say it is better than Lapua or Norma, each of which I've used extensively.
Two very good cartridges there!
With 8x68S you are more or less limited to RWS. Breneke is probably not available in Canada.
Currently I do not know anyone else building them, but since my friend sold that rifle, I am no longer looking.
He once brought once fired brass.
I bent the rod because he didn't tell me - and probably didn't know - that some were Berdan...

I definitely enjoy both of these cartridges. I was able to secure 250 pieces of RWS 9.3X64 Brenneke brass some years ago. Then, I found 150 more pieces. None were Berdan primed, so I'm in great shape on that cartridge. I was actually carrying the rifle yesterday on a black bear hunt. It does work. I also found a good supply of 8X68S. And, yes, I like both of these cartridges very much. I just sold my 325WSM this afternoon. It was easier to do so since I have the 8X68S in my safe.

I loaded the 8x68S with 200gr AccuBond for a friend. He used it in Namibia for plains game past 500y and was quite happy.
He sold it, uses a 300 wm now.
I can't really say why, but I liked the 8x68 better.

trizio_e_caio":1cxp6htx said:
Why are you specifically interested in Rws?

I had always heard great things about Rws brass and I just thought id give it a shot.

I do have some Lapua for my 8x57 and wish that Lapua made 7x57 but for the life of me, I do not understand why they dont.

Back