Brass

I bought 40 cases of the quality cartridge 7mm Mashburn back when I had the first rifle made up. I never used it hunting but did use it a little with my hunting loads to see how closely it matched. It matched and I ratholed it away after that. Sorry I don’t have more info other than it worked fine.

I’ve been using RWS brass for the past 4 years and I can’t seem to wear it out. I anneal it every firing wind out of the initial 50 I made up I have lost 1 to a tiny neck split. I couldn’t tell you how many firings are on the stuff, but a quick guess would be 15+. I still have another 50 left as well, ready for when I decide to scrap these ones. Might be awhile though. :mrgreen:

that sounds great Scotty . I have a moose hunt this fall , in Newfoundland . I'm not sure it might get put off until next year due to covid . I'll need correct headstamp brass at the border . I'll be doing the same as you are , just using it when I have to . I've made up Hornady , and I'm making up ADG . the hornady won't take much abuse until the primer pockets get loose .

jimbires":9hjnui2w said:
that sounds great Scotty . I have a moose hunt this fall , in Newfoundland . I'm not sure it might get put off until next year due to covid . I'll need correct headstamp brass at the border . I'll be doing the same as you are , just using it when I have to . I've made up Hornady , and I'm making up ADG . the hornady won't take much abuse until the primer pockets get loose .

No, Hornady wasn’t bad at all, but it’s not tough stuff like WW, RWS, ADG.. I used a lot of a Hornady when I started. Worked fine, just didn’t last as long.

Back