New Berger fast twist 257 Bullet.

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
For those who know me well you know I an NOT a huge berger fan. I like stout bullet construction and exit holes If I can stack the deck.

Anyway they came out with a fast twist 135 gr 257 bullet. Nice BC too.

Attachments

• 25-cal-135-gr-LRHT-Info-Chart2-1200x800.jpg
    25-cal-135-gr-LRHT-Info-Chart2-1200x800.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 643
I agree with you on robust bullet construction and exit wounds on big game. That weight and BC sure is impressive for the 25 cals.

JD338

We also know you like seriously nasty pills for game, so not shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d bet it’ll fetch deer sized animals pretty well though.

It’s amazing the 270 barely cracks the 600 mark but Berger drop a 25 with high 600’s! It’s crazy how bullet development is going these days.

These days are definitely the good old days.

Funny how had the .25 is trying to be a 6.5.... you can buy a half dozen 6.5 bullets with stats like that... and almost every 6.5 ever made will shoot them.

Or.....

You could buy a specialty bullet for your special twisted barrel.... and get the same performance.

Building a fast twist .25 just to shoot this bullet (or one of the other boutique bullets).... just because you don’t want to shoot a 6.5.... is like wearing swim-trunks to church, just because everyone else is wearing slacks.

Shoot your .25/100 grain NBT at 3000-3400 FPS..... and clobber stuff out to 400 or more.... just like you ALWAYS have. Leave the long skinny bullets the metric calibers (6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm).

I for one am hoping to see a fast twist factory .25 rifle to shoot these bullets. 25 PRC, SAUM or whatever. I would buy one.

I'm happy to see all the advancements in shooting stuff today . this technology could / will carry over to other caliber bullets .this is the kind of thinking that got us past the patched round ball . it's a win win for us shooters .

Back