retumbo

Idiots will buy at that price. If I sell all of mine I can a afford a Wilson Combat! LOL

Time to go through my stash and pay for a couple of new firearms! :mrgreen:

Good grief.

This is when it's real nice being sufficiently prepared that one doesn't have to resort to paying scalper prices.

Always nice to have a few thousand primers, several jugs of powder, good cases and plenty of bullets on hand.

I'm conserving my supplies by shooting less these days, but I can comfortably continue to shoot for a long time. WITHOUT paying scalper prices for anything.

Dang. That's just ridiculous. BTW, when I couldn't find Retumbo locally anymore, I stumbled across some IMR 8133 at the local gunshop. Fotis advises me that it's a great powder for over-bore type cartridges. :) Hodgdon shows some mighty fine looking loads using it in the 7mm Remington Magnum and the 25-06, both of which are of interest to me.

$200 a pound.... Good grief.

Guy

Guy Miner":1xolcgr4 said:
Good grief.

This is when it's real nice being sufficiently prepared that one doesn't have to resort to paying scalper prices.

Always nice to have a few thousand primers, several jugs of powder, good cases and plenty of bullets on hand.

I'm conserving my supplies by shooting less these days, but I can comfortably continue to shoot for a long time. WITHOUT paying scalper prices for anything.

Dang. That's just ridiculous. BTW, when I couldn't find Retumbo locally anymore, I stumbled across some IMR 8133 at the local gunshop. Fotis advises me that it's a great powder for over-bore type cartridges. :) Hodgdon shows some mighty fine looking loads using it in the 7mm Remington Magnum and the 25-06, both of which are of interest to me.

Guy

Yep. I got plenty of everything for a long time, but I'm still in conservation mode waiting to see if this blows over at some point.

I'm in good shape also for what I have but that could be changing. Monday went down to the local gun store and ordered a new gun. Now I will have to reload for it as well. :)

I'm in good shape also for what I have but that could be changing. Monday went down to the local gun store and ordered a new gun. Now I will have to reload for it as well. :)

Guy Miner":2sylpteo said:
Good grief.

Guy

Same here Guy on shooting less and having jugs of powder since I found Varget , IMR 4831, IMR4451 recently to add to my stash, just need some H4831SC if some comes around. I saw 4 blue boxes of 6.5 x 284 Lapua brass when I found 10 pounds of Varget earlier this week, and since my new 6.5x 284 build should come in the summer, so I grabbed one blue box as well. I have not been to the shooting range since last winter and I have some old rounds that I like to expire at the range soon and refresh the batches of the old fired brass with some annealing and tumbling, its getting boring not doing gun related stuff these days.

I'm with you fellas. I do have a load development project for Sue's 30 Nosler. I've got 2 decent loads already, just need to bench them and set an absolute zero at 200 yds.
Just hoping SPS offers some .308 180 gr BT seconds soon.

JD338

WOW to think $100 to ship is the cheap part :lol: I never had much luck with Retumbo and the last pound I had was used to fire-form brass , could have sold it and retired.

The funny thing is they ran it up over the buy now price. Shows how foolish people are.

It does get boring when you cut back on participating in a hobby one is truly passionate about. The exorbitant prices powder and primers are going for is unreal!!!! I’ll pass thanks.

I shoot a fair amount so I don’t have to shoot up “old ammo” and am set for supplies. I’ve never felt a need to shoot loaded ammunition because it was old. In my experiences, 20 year old ammo shoots as well as it did when it was 20 days old. Granted very few of my rounds make it to that level of maturity. It’s personal preference, I’m all for shooting, but unless the brass has corroded it’s fine. Accurate safe ammo you loaded 20 years ago will be accurate today. Put the 20 year old round in that 50 year old rifle, punch your tag, and let the youngins be shocked that the old feller threaded the needle.

As far as supplies go, I’ll still buy if it’s not an ignorant price. To those looking for supplies, I say be patient and look around. The best prices aren’t found on the internet right now, they are in local gun shops that you go to in person. Many of which will allow you to buy the item even if it’s not in stock, and call you when it comes in.

Joec7651":p0rn1u3k said:
It does get boring when you cut back on participating in a hobby one is truly passionate about. The exorbitant prices powder and primers are going for is unreal!!!! I’ll pass thanks.

I shoot a fair amount so I don’t have to shoot up “old ammo” and am set for supplies. I’ve never felt a need to shoot loaded ammunition because it was old. In my experiences, 20 year old ammo shoots as well as it did when it was 20 days old. Granted very few of my rounds make it to that level of maturity. It’s personal preference, I’m all for shooting, but unless the brass has corroded it’s fine. Accurate safe ammo you loaded 20 years ago will be accurate today. Put the 20 year old round in that 50 year old rifle, punch your tag, and let the youngins be shocked that the old feller threaded the needle.

As far as supplies go, I’ll still buy if it’s not an ignorant price. To those looking for supplies, I say be patient and look around. The best prices aren’t found on the internet right now, they are in local gun shops that you go to in person. Many of which will allow you to buy the item even if it’s not in stock, and call you when it comes in.

I'm with you there. I quit watching sports of pretty much any kind several yrs ago as they ruined most of that with their shenanigans. Don't watch the news anymore. The one thing I like to do is shoot and work on guns.

I'm good on everything including primers, but on the primer front I'm only good for several yrs using my normal yearly shooting habits. That's more than enough if primers come back available, but no guarantee of that at this point, so I'm in conserving mode.

ShadeTree":28js8zuw said:
Joec7651":28js8zuw said:

The one thing I like to do is shoot and work on guns.
I enjoy it as well. I do all my own work and repairs. There’s very little I can’t do correctly with the exception of lathe work. Don’t have one yet. It’s therapeutic for me and makes me happy.

Back