Opinions?

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
I’m not a conspiracy theorist. However with that said, there are very few people, and exactly zero CEO’s or politicians I trust. I pose a couple questions to you all.

What is the first step governments use to weaken a foe? Economic and trade sanctions. Ala the supply drought of ammunition and reloading supplies.

How do you render firearms useless? Fire your last round. At that point it becomes a club. No more effective than a stick picked up in your yard.

Manufacturers can shout from the rooftops that they are doing all they can, but they are at the mercy of government regulations. I don’t buy that supply and demand caused components and ammo to be scarce as hens teeth.

This is merely the beginning.

I pray this isn't true. God help us if it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 million new gun owners will do that to you. Most of the available components are going into commercial ammo.

We've seen this movie before, it's just that this episode is more severe. The convergence of the pandemic with Biden's election and social unrest means everyone is buying everything in sight.

What I can say: American products are still available in Germany. You might have to wait a bit, but they arrive eventually.
My guess is it is the high demand right now on your side and they still want to fulfill their other purchases.
I hope it will level out for you soon!

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

It's interesting. Does anyone know of anybody that's actually buying anything??? Demand, demand,blah, blah, blah. I can't find any components I need and the only ammo I see available are the common stuff, 9mm, 223 and 5.56 marked up 50%-100% from where it was. Maybe there is demand from all the newcomers but manufacturers are seriously giving us ALL the shaft at the moment...

bdbrown66":vqg82h5g said:
7 million new gun owners will do that to you. Most of the available components are going into commercial ammo.

We've seen this movie before, it's just that this episode is more severe. The convergence of the pandemic with Biden's election and social unrest means everyone is buying everything in sight.

I'd say this is mostly the reason. Last time during the Obama scare and shortage there was at least stuff coming in from foreign countries that helped ease the pressure on components. Particularly primers and brass.

This time that is a no go. At least I haven't seen any show up at all, even at online businesses. None.

Why that is could be Covid related as far as foreign factories not at full capacity, or it could be purposefully hindered by the current government.....who knows?

My local stores seem to get a little bit in every day or so and it sells out immediately. So ammo is coming in regularly and people are buying it up.

All the manufacturers are making the common stuff except for folks like Weatherby and Nosler that have boutique rounds to feed as part of their business model.

noslerpartition":2k9p8kax said:
What I can say: American products are still available in Germany. You might have to wait a bit, but they arrive eventually.
My guess is it is the high demand right now on your side and they still want to fulfill their other purchases.

Exports haven’t stopped, but it’s dried up CONUS. Still not buying the “perfect storm” excuse. People are paid exorbitant salaries to predict market turns. This hasn’t happened since World War II. At that time it was a justified necessity.

Where is it going now? Uncle Joe, Pelosi, and Kamala have something cookin in the oven. I hope I’m wrong.

Joec7651":17gm7fqx said:
noslerpartition":17gm7fqx said:

Exports haven’t stopped, but it’s dried up CONUS. Still not buying the “perfect storm” excuse. People are paid exorbitant salaries to predict market turns. This hasn’t happened since World War II. At that time it was a justified necessity.

Where is it going now? Uncle Joe, Pelosi, and Kamala have something cookin in the oven. I hope I’m wrong.
I'm certainly no fan of the current administration, but you're forgetting one crucial fact: the shortages started long before the election. People were lined up outside the gun stores to buy guns and ammo last summer, and by the late fall the supply chain was empty.

Yup. I believe it's simple supply and demand. Last summer's riots got folks thinking about self defense and about needing a gun. And ammo. And training. Everyone I know in the industry has been slammed with customers & orders for over a year.

Guy

I had heard that the company that purchased the Remington Ammunition assets is up and running four shifts a day and is putting out plenty of ammo. They also have a dedicated Reloading components unit that will be in full operation shortly. I went to my local gun show this morning and left with a laugh. All firearms are at least $100.00 over standard retail. I found two tables with primers which were selling at $300.00 a thousand. I laughed in the face of the seller and walked away. Ammunition for 9MM is $40.00 and up for 50 rounds of Ball. Plenty of Rifle ammunition. 30.06 180 grain is $50.00 a box. The one table I saw .22 ammo at was $40.00 a hundred. I actually thought that was a misprint until talking to the salesperson. I left the show shaking my head and I'm certainly glad I did do some stocking up prior to this mess.

Diverdown - sounds like you made great choices, not buying at the inflated prices. (y)

It might be a while before prices come down significantly, but I think it'll happen.

And... you're right about being thankful for being prepared. I still shoot pretty much once a week, as before. Can continue for a long, long time. :)

Guy

So far I haven’t been in a position of having to pay inflated prices for components. Just through some fluke I developed an interest in air gun shooting and I’ve had lots of fun trying to learn about them. What is interesting is the air guns and supplies are in greater demand than ever. Long wait time for new air guns and most of the pellets on pre order status as well.

So far I’ve been able to get all the air I need to shoot with and the government hasn’t slapped a tax on it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alderman said:
So far I’ve been able to get all the air I need to shoot with and the government hasn’t slapped a tax on it yet.]

Now that's funny!
My experience in business is that once prices are up... they rarely come down.
Here in UK with exchange rates, duty & taxes we pay around £50 / $65 per lb for propellants & rising.
Now that's NOT funny!

Maybe it is just supply and demand. Hopefully a little time will bring some stability.

I was at LGS this week and did see some primers. The price had dropped $10 per 1000 since about 2 months ago so that is a positive. The negative is that they were still $159 per 1000....

You are ripped off.
Just bought 1000 Federal Match for the usual €56.

ReloadKy":2npctqsj said:
I was at LGS this week and did see some primers. The price had dropped $10 per 1000 since about 2 months ago so that is a positive. The negative is that they were still $159 per 1000....

I hope you're like me, and have plenty of LGS's in your area to patronize so that you can never again shop at a place like that.

I stopped in at one about 2 wks ago and he had 50 rd boxes of Federal 22 ammo....didn't even look what they were, blue box, don't know if hollow point or lead nose, doesn't matter.......$20 per box of 50! That's 40 cents a piece for cheap made 22LR.

40 S&W was $75 per box. 12 guage was $30 per box.

He makes choices now and down the road easy. I got 6 other local shops I frequent that are not gouging. I wont forget.

Back