out of business

cugir321

Beginner
May 6, 2021
Has Nosler gone out of business? I haven't seen any bullets in 6 months. I can't believe they're not making any unless they're out of business.

Are they selling them all to companies that load? To forget about the reloaders would be a death sentence for the company. We shoot every month. Hunters buy a couple boxes of ammo every 5 years.

If I have to go to Hornady because they're the only company selling bullet's then when I work up an accurate load I will have no reason to buy from Nosler. What goes around comes around.

Supply is just really low from lines shut down to Covid, millions of new gun owners, and people hoarding. I get an email from Shooter's Pro Shop every week with a list of bullets that are in stock.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

See my post "Bend Oregon "

Makes me really wonder if that idiot governor and it's politicians are destroying that state.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

bdbrown66":3mqo53qt said:
seokladuckin":3mqo53qt said:
Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8iq8uQi9pbjkhLN98

Read what it says

Interesting. I wonder why that would be.
Man I don't know,,

I wonder if the damn governor deemed them "unnecessary " during this deal ,, and Nosler not wanting backlash is scared to say anything...

Gun people are being attacked from all sides right now

Nosler is alive and well , ive probably bought nearly 2000 nosler bullets in the past 9 months, and several hunded rounds of loaded ammo.

Oregon Governor Brown is Bipolar Or schizophrenic. Flip a coin. Hard to be in business when the rules change every couple weeks. Her rules shut down our post office this week.

baltz526":2x4abaa9 said:
Oregon Governor Brown is Bipolar Or schizophrenic. Flip a coin. Hard to be in business when the rules change every couple weeks. Her rules shut down our post office this week.
She's a libtard , they all crazy

I'm finding Nosler bullets online from the usual sources. Grafs, Midway, Shooters Pro Shop...

Maybe not ALL the bullets but ya, bullets. :)

They're not out-of-business. :)

Guy

Seabee":3hmpxuyf said:
What difference does it make when primers are scarce as hens teeth.

That's why I was well prepared for this "shortage" caused by panic buying.

Honestly, I can shoot for years, probably a decade, with what I've got on hand. It's a good feeling.

When things get back to something resembling "normal" in the supply chain, stock up. It works. Normally I try to never leave a sporting goods/gun shop empty handed. Seldom buy a new gun, but... targets, primers, powder, bullets, ammo... :) You bet!

So when this shortage arrived I just shrugged my shoulders for the most part. I did cut back on my recreational shooting, shifted over to archery too - because I've got an archery elk tag this year. But ya, I can keep on shooting my 22's and the centerfires for a long doggone time. It's a nice feeling and I'm glad I was ready for this one.

Hope you find the primers you need soon.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":js7d1tz9 said:
Seabee":js7d1tz9 said:

Honestly, I can shoot for years, probably a decade, with what I've got on hand. It's a good feeling.

When things get back to something resembling "normal" in the supply chain, stock up. It works. Normally I try to never leave a sporting goods/gun shop empty handed. Seldom buy a new gun, but... targets, primers, powder, bullets, ammo... :) You bet!

So when this shortage arrived I just shrugged my shoulders for the most part. I did cut back on my recreational shooting, shifted over to archery too - because I've got an archery elk tag this year. But ya, I can keep on shooting my 22's and the centerfires for a long doggone time. It's a nice feeling and I'm glad I was ready for this one.

Regards, Guy

That's where I'm at Guy. I don't have what I'd like to be able to do any heavy loading and shooting if I want, not to mention loading for others which in all but a few cases is pretty much out for the moment. But I figured it out and I can shoot half a box of rifle ammo I've reloaded every week from the beginning of May to the start of serious rifle season in November, and not run out of primers for 10 yrs.

Some people would scoff at that number of primers, they have gobs more than that. But at least I can continue to do some shooting and enjoy my rifles for the foreseeable future. Hopefully sometime between now and then I'll be able to stock back up.

22 ammo, the amount I shoot every yr which isn't high numbers, I'm good for a lifetime if I use my head.

Guy Miner":vbpmr305 said:
Seabee":vbpmr305 said:

Regards, Guy
+1

I have over 12,000 primers, thousands of bullets, and I’m not exactly sure of how many lbs of powder. But it’s enough that I’m not sure which I’d run out of first. I’d rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Primers don't spoil if you store them properly. Ditto with powder. When this shortage is over, it would be wise for each one that is thinking of continuing to hand load to make certain they have a supply of necessary components.

Back