Going for a sore shoulder tomorrow

ronc80

Beginner
Dec 29, 2018
Finally getting some time in my new reloading room. The weather looks promising in the am so I'll head for the hill and see how I make out.
3a02e9ce796a5301979a15871b9d0db0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hear you there.
I tested 6 rifles yesterday, only one of them mine.
Apart from one, all are well sub Moa. The one that was not was only a test with a new powder batch.
Well. I should have made a ladder...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Try to NOT accidently spill that box of ammo! I've done it when a box top flipped open and had a pile of scrambled ammo rolling off the bench. What a waste of time and $$$$$$.

Yeah, good point.
I tape the boxes shut and treat them like raw eggs on the stand.
Lot's of bullets to pull otherwise...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Good point. I'd hate to deal with that mess. I think I might zip tie them shut in transit to my range. Not much of a range. Pick a spot in the field at 100 yards with the big hill for a back stop. Done

Charlie-NY":2b7grkxl said:
Try to NOT accidently spill that box of ammo! I've done it when a box top flipped open and had a pile of scrambled ammo rolling off the bench. What a waste of time and $$$$$$.
To avoid this, I just use a fine point sharpie and write load and OAL on case, so I know what each load is. Dave

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Damn wind giving a fit but I'm killing paper
5e0919f9691bd917e6de99de1075abc6.jpg

Wow that's a lot of loads to put down range. You must be more confident in replacing primers than I am at the moment. Should be fun, hope it shoots well for you. (y)

ShadeTree":3danbj11 said:
Wow that's a lot of loads to put down range. You must be more confident in replacing primers than I am at the moment. Should be fun, hope it shoots well for you. (y)
Yea not very confident but I had to find something that shoots good out of my rifle. Out of the six tested 4 where promising with the powder used. I'll try those rounds again with that powder at the weight that had the best group. Plus I'll try different powder with each projectile just to see if I can make it better or not. Then I should be able to have a good accurate round that I will load and do a bit of shelf stocking.
Although I really had a good time Sunday so maybe you all can pray with me for this crazy shortage to end.
I have some picks of my targets and what chrono data I got until the wind didn't allow it to stay on its 3 feet. I'll try to get them on in a day or 2.

Back