Dad gum that doggone Nosler! ;)

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Doggone company supplied the bullets that let me shoot High Master scores in competition. Doggone them! :wink:
6ebxGq9l.jpg

Yup, and those blasted Noslers did a terrible job making bullets for coyote shooting at 400+ yards ;)
Soxkp9Jl.jpg

And a whole danged string of mule deer as well as a few whitetail. Awful! How could they? :shock:
udxbhYdl.jpg

ETBfmmhl.jpg

JpQnhQQl.jpg

Seems antelope can't outrun the Nosler bullets!
fs1rRGrl.jpg

Elk, even 20 years ago, didn't escape the Nosler bullet. Awful...
R5OmJ2kl.jpg

A few bears helped me collect Nosler bullets in 30 & 375 caliber... Terrible performance! :roll:
0oHXmvRl.jpg

YTcyH4Gl.jpg

fhEnXOol.jpg

It's just so awful that a company would build bullets so accurate, and so effective on game! Now, if ya run out of your favorite Nosler bullets... Maybe ya shoulda bought a few more and set some aside for times when things can be hard to get...

Just a thought. :wink: I figure I'm going to be hunting both deer & bear with Noslers this year... Elk? Well, not unless Nosler starts making broadheads! :grin:

Smile at the trolls. They just gotta vent, it's a personality disorder I do believe. Me? I'm going to load some more Noslers from my rather "adequate" stash I've got on hand... :mrgreen:

Regards, Guy

Guy,
I'm with you. I have bought bullets and stocked up for my)our needs over the years. I have enough and have helped out a few friends recently.
Sue got her 30 Nosler and the great group of friends here helped me out to get her up and running.
I'm in pretty good shape for bullets, powder, brass and primers.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20210512_102741157.jpg
    IMG_20210512_102741157.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_20210512_102638315.jpg
    IMG_20210512_102638315.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_20210602_160856209.jpg
    IMG_20210602_160856209.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,227
Thanks for the laugh Guy Miner.

That will do JD338, that will do. However... I dare say that the last cupboard looks just a tad bare...

Yeah I hate when a company makes bullets that will both take game and shoot 1/2 moa or less out to 500 yards.

Bruce

BruceP":hqxld89c said:
Yeah I hate when a company makes bullets that will both take game and shoot 1/2 moa or less out to 500 yards.

Bruce

Ya, pretty awful... :wink:

Horrible just Horrible Guy! My dad started me reloading when I was 12 years old in 1972. Nosler is the only bullet that has ever taken game or for the matter been loaded up in any of my or my families rifles!!!! I do not use any other bullets from a single other manufacturer................EVER! That should be pretty good testament to how I feel about Nosler bullets. I never shoot factory loads either. All my own reloads.

6mm Remington Ruger 1B 400yards shooing 90 gr. Nosler Accubonds. No load development just went with a load that was safe according to the book just to see how the AccuBond shot and how it penetrated and held together in water jugs. Not considering that!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/ ... fit=bounds

3 shots at 100 yards shooting 165 gr. AccuBond out of a Ruger 1B in 30-06. Shot using a Leupold 4x fixed power scope no less!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/ ... &crop=fill

Guy
I think you box up those awful bullets :grin: and send them to me. Your western game don’t seem to have chance with you using them. (y)

Ha! Great thread Guy. I use a bunch of stuff but chances are when it’s real hard stuff it’s a Nosler or a BBC.

I shoot various brand bullets, but I have to admit. If Nosler won’t shoot well in it I don’t keep it. If Nosler won’t shoot in it then nothing will.

Joec7651":oanke1en said:
I shoot various brand bullets, but I have to admit. If Nosler won’t shoot well in it I don’t keep it. If Nosler won’t shoot in it then nothing will.
I've said the exact thing for many years

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

RL338":3mxk852p said:
Guy
I think you box up those awful bullets :grin: and send them to me. Your western game don’t seem to have chance with you using them. (y)

Ha! - I did feel a bit traitorous when I used the 160 grain Sierra Gameking SPBT's from my 7mm Rem Mag last season... EEEK!

But, as usual for Gamekings, they shot really well. And did a fine job on mule deer & antelope. :grin:

Still, this year I'm planning to use Noslers again. I don't mind using other bullets time to time, not at all, but I got kinda hung up on Nosler about 1974/75 somewhere back there in the Dark Ages.

Guy

I'm really new to reloading but I'd have to say I'm swining nosler way pretty heavily. 95 of 150 are Nosler
b6cbeeeb13e80bb48de25c599019b7d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Guy Miner":101l9goh said:
RL338":101l9goh said:
Guy

Ha! - I did feel a bit traitorous when I used the 160 grain Sierra Gameking SPBT's from my 7mm Rem Mag last season... EEEK!

But, as usual for Gamekings, they shot really well. And did a fine job on mule deer & antelope. :grin:

Still, this year I'm planning to use Noslers again. I don't mind using other bullets time to time, not at all, but I got kinda hung up on Nosler about 1974/75 somewhere back there in the Dark Ages.

Guy

Dark Ages!!! Ha, Jeeze you’re pretty old Guy, I wasn’t born till late 77 :lol:

Back