Getting the BLR dialed in.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Limited testing so far. Tested it twice with 43.8 of IMR 4350 loaded at 2.785 .030 off the lands. Both times wanted to shoot tight, but had a mediocre flier mixed in.

Not a lot of room to move with this in a short action and these bullets, but I tried the same load .030 shorter at 2.755. According to my measurements I'm .062 into the case body with this bullet at that measurement.

Hot today and I didn't feel like loading up and going to the range. If I pull into a field lane and put the target inside the woods edge, I can get 80yds here at the house. Just shot off the hood of my truck.

Might be getting about as good as I can get with a lever and partitions. Getting where I'm ready to zero the scope and call this combo a wrap.

Did well enough it deserved a post exercise picture. Ha.

The rifle does appear to want to perform for you. And it is handsome, whether pre-exercise or power-exercise. (y)

Nothing to complain about there. Looks good. I passed on a 243 BLR for a very good price when I was young and stupider than I am now. Still regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Group and rifle look great!

That black streak in the buttstock really sets it off nicely.

Guy

Thanks fella's. At some point I want to also see how it shoots the 100 gr partitions and the 100 gr speer's. But I'm happy with it with these bullets.

Blkram":1pd66z15 said:
Next outing...hunting and game on the ground!?!?

Yes sir, I plan on hunting it. My 760 35 Remington will probably get first dibs again this yr, but after that this one will be on the list.

ST,
That is a fine all around bullet and load. Excellent accuracy and a robust bullet to reach the vitals of a deer from any reasonable angle.
The next step is to put one in a big PA buck.

JD338

SJB358":29nt5hse said:
Man, I wanna see the pics! Ha!

HA! Dummy me, I was on post image and seen I was getting quite a few pictures on there so I cleaned it up some, never thinking that was gonna pull it off this site I had posted them on.

Just for you I loaded these 2 back into post image. Ha.

Back