Antique Partitions

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
I bought 100 of the old screw machine produced 160gr 7mm Partitions that have the pressure relief band off Gunbroker for a song. I think I may keep them rather than load them. I have plenty of the current ones so I don’t really need the vintage PT’s. I just thought it was a nice find.

I have an old box of them and they do look pretty cool.
Probably will just keep them around too because of a good number of the newer version.

Photo I took a few years ago of the "new" (top) and "old" Nosler Partitions. These are 300 grain .375's.

YfIJ8Mkl.jpg

Guy, they are the old style on the bottom. Lighter weight, and smaller diameter of course. The ogive looks (very slightly) different than the new design. Maybe I should say “latest” design. I doubt anyone would see any difference in trajectory until 300 yards, if even then. 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

I’m a pack rat. I have old Winchester and Remington ammo boxes because I preferred the graphic design over the new style, but mostly because they remind me of the small old gun shops Daddy would take me to when I was little. I think he really enjoyed all the questions I would ask. Because of this I have a weakness for antique firearms, scopes, and accessories. My 30 W.C.F was made in 1897, my Model 11 12ga was made in 1905, a Win Model 43 in 22 Hornet, all 3 were my Grandfathers. A Remington Model 742 30-06, and Win Model 100 308 my Dad bought new, Dads old Stevens 12ga that’s absolutely vicious to shoot. Old Redfield and Weaver scopes. I always wonder what stories they would tell if they could talk.

Joec7651":bc5qqexu said:
Guy, they are the old style on the bottom. Lighter weight, and smaller diameter of course. The ogive looks (very slightly) different than the new design. Maybe I should say “latest” design. I doubt anyone would see any difference in trajectory until 300 yards, if even then. 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

I’m a pack rat. I have old Winchester and Remington ammo boxes because I preferred the graphic design over the new style, but mostly because they remind me of the small old gun shops Daddy would take me to when I was little. I think he really enjoyed all the questions I would ask. Because of this I have a weakness for antique firearms, scopes, and accessories. My 30 W.C.F was made in 1897, my Model 11 12ga was made in 1905, a Win Model 43 in 22 Hornet, all 3 were my Grandfathers. A Remington Model 742 30-06, and Win Model 100 308 my Dad bought new, Dads old Stevens 12ga that’s absolutely vicious to shoot. Old Redfield and Weaver scopes. I always wonder what stories they would tell if they could talk.
I’m with ya. I load round nose bullets when I can too. Nothing more “old school cool” than a 300 H&H sporting a RN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have all of the empty cartridge boxes that my dad had. Most are not in real good shape but I can’t seem to ever part with them. They bring back memories of my dad and hunts long ago.
I also remember my dad shooting round nose Bullets out of his 300 H&H while elk hunting and always referring to them as “brush busters”.
I shoot mostly Accubonds out of it now but it would be fun to load up some RN in memory of dad.

Back