Supplies making a comeback ?

jjs405

Beginner
Dec 24, 2017
I took a road trip to Wenatchee WA and on a whim stopped in a local sporting store ... They had ammo everywhere as well as powder!

I was able to pick up some 6.5 PRC for a friend who has not been able to find ammo for about a year and I was pleased to see that they had 40 lbs of Ramshot Magnum. I grabbed a few pounds of the powder as I have been itching to try a new load that I found in Nosler # 9 that came out fairly recently.

Still no primers which is OK as I already had enough from being prepared ... they even had some of the less common ammo in quantity; 450 Bushmaster, 28 Nosler, 30 Nosler, 6.5 PRC, etc. as well as the common Pistol & Rifle calibers.

Glad to see some of the stuff coming back!

I still have not found much locally. I’ve actually found a couple deals on gunbroker believe it or not lol. Snagged 50 Norma 416 Remington cases for $49 yesterday. And 3lbs of 4451 powder for $34 a pound. I usually get most of my oddball stuff from grafs and they have been getting some bullets back in stock lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wenatchee is my home town! :)

Ya, I'm seeing more and more components & ammo becoming available locally.

Guy

Good to hear. Maybe the panic buying is winding down.

JD338

JD338":38bqfouk said:
Good to hear. Maybe the panic buying is winding down.

JD338
Boy I hope so I’m about tired of this. I have 28 lbs of powder and about 500-600 primers each for small rifle, large rifle, and large rifle magnum. I have zero pistol primers though and would like to start back loading some pistol rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see more and more each time I am home, but still comes and goes. One advantage of working away and only being home a limited time I seem to get getting a nice stockpile without even trying. bullets from sps, primers/powder here and there mostly at the local shops, couple pounds and a few hundred primers if I happen to be there the afternoon they get their shipment in.

Been grabbing h1000 and h4350 when I venture to Tri cites wa. No primers but those two powders are a good start. Picked up some vihtavouri 24n41 for 30-378 weatherby tonight as well. I am almost certain Rambo will be a ways out.

Definitely seems like things are slowly but surely improving on the powder and bullet front. Wish I could say the same about primers. As of today I can't honestly say so.

A few weeks ago I was able to add some primers to the reserves and pick up 2K more primers that came in, for under $50 per brick. But it seems like it was a flash in the pan. What was available was soon sold out and I haven't seen anything new in the way of primers show up locally since. Except those sitting at the stores with exorbitant prices.

I got plenty total, but I'll be glad when everybody else and myself can buy what we want, when we want.

Still pretty tough in Alaska. Only have 3 shops within an hour of me and haven't seen powder or primers in any of them for at least 6 months. Especially tough since none of the online retailers will ship to me here and local shops are my, and the 1000 other guys, only option.
Starting to see some more loaded ammo though which is nice even though I don't use it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Wis65x55":8k3x3oob said:
A Scheel's store in Eau Claire Wi has a very substantial amount of most Vihtavuori powders.
What is the average price of the Vihtavuori powder in Us?
In my area in northern italy is about 100€ per Kilo

Sent with 85.9 gn of N560

Well I figure they can not hide the stuff forever!!!

I hit two Sportman's Warehouses yesterday. Not a drop of powder, but every time I go in there I find a bag or two of 270 brass. No other rifle brass. Why just that one kind?

Midway has had primers the last couple mornings, but they haven't lasted long. Plus Powder Valley and Midsouth Shooters Supply have had powder. Powder Valley had a shipment of Alliant powder, they had RL 26, 23 and 16 this morning. Hopefully things are starting to turn around.

it's the same with bullets, competition bullets in stock, verses hunting bullets not in stock. Natchez just sent me a catalog, why bother ? LOL

FOTIS":3t1lyft1 said:
AFG270":3t1lyft1 said:
Midway has had primers the last couple mornings,

at 7.6 cents a piece.

What a sham.
Midway has been gouging from the get go. They lost my business forever at the beginning of the year when everythingwent up at least 30%. I'll stick with the smaller suppliers that didn't take advantage of the situation. May have to wait a bit longer but principle is big with me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back