25-06 Blue Cyclone

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
QZN73k0l.jpg

I sure am fond of this handload. :grin: Easy shooting, accurate, very good on mule deer & pronghorn:

115 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip
Nosler case
Federal 210 match primer
57.5 grains Hodgdon Retumbo

About 3150 fps.

Was shooting it this morning at the range and decided I needed to share a photo from the range session.

Regards, Guy

I just ordered a bunch of those when APD had blend on sale. Figured I’d use them in my 25 WSSM. There was a ruger no1 in 25/06 locally that I was eyeballing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25.06 has me drooling. No shade to the 243Win, but 25.06 just seems like the perfect complement to the 30.06 and 35 Whelan.

With those three, what could you not hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a little Ruger 250 Savage. While I was digging through my stuff I found 3-4 bags. Seems like the little 250 can do well with them as well. Might have to load a few up and see what happens. They’re some excellent hunting Bullets.

Funnily enough, I never loaded these up for my 257 Bob. I have a couple of boxes of the 100 grain on my shelf. Looks as if I need to work on this.

It's my favorite bullet for the 257 Roberts. It shoots lights out in the 700 Classic with RL22.

JD338

Looking good Guy. I keep checking SPS to maybe grab some of those, the 100 gr BT, or Partition. Scant pickings these days unfortunately.

ST,
SPS had the 115 gr BT in stock last week. I bought some.

JD338

SJB358":4nvokx11 said:
I just picked up a little Ruger 250 Savage. While I was digging through my stuff I found 3-4 bags. Seems like the little 250 can do well with them as well. Might have to load a few up and see what happens. They’re some excellent hunting Bullets.

Will be interesting to see what kind of velocity/ performance you get with 115 Grn's in the 250. The 100 grainers are just the ticket in my 250. 38 gr of 4350 pushes them pretty hard but the accuracy is there. CL

Yes that will do Guy and your Model 700 CDL with its 26 inch barrel gets it to really show its stuff. Who does not like a Rifle with light recoil and flat shooting.

Slimfinn":15ykm8hf said:
1100 Remington Man":15ykm8hf said:
Who does not like a Rifle with light recoil and flat shooting.

Cleveland48...... :lol:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] to be fair I’m not big on recoil. The big boys are put up until deer season. It’s time to play with my little 275 rigby and the 6.5 CM. My shoulder needs a break [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If only we could find some Retumbo!

I have a new custom built 25/06 coming in about a month and would love to try this load!

Jimbeaux

Back