QL data for .308 Win

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
Hey DrMike!

I know it’s probably been done a hundred times before, but can I please get QL data for .308 Winchester?
Range of bullets 125 to 180 gr.
22 inch barrel, 1 in 10 inch twist.

Thank you way in advance!!

Hawk

wingnut":2935e8bt said:
HAWKEYESATX":2935e8bt said:
I know it’s probably been done a hundred times before, but can I please get QL data for .308 Winchester?
Range of bullets 125 to 180 gr.
22 inch barrel, 1 in 10 inch twist.

Thank you way in advance!!

Hawk

Summarizing:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthrea ... /2255435/1
Thank you for that info!

There’s over 30 pages of info!!! WOW!!!

I will be busy looking at that for a long time! LOL

Hawk

Hawk,
I went through that entire thread and found several common denominators. You might want to keep a note pad handy while perusing through that . There is some good info there. Once compiled, compare with your reloading books.

I've got a Nosler M21 308 Winchester on order and hope to have it in a couple of weeks. I have 40 rounds loaded up with the 150 gr PT and Varget ready to go. Plan on shooting a deer out back as soon as I get the rifle.

JD338

JD338":2t4pqqtd said:
Hawk,
I went through that entire thread and found several common denominators. You might want to keep a note pad handy while perusing through that . There is some good info there. Once compiled, compare with your reloading books.

I've got a Nosler M21 308 Winchester on order and hope to have it in a couple of weeks. I have 40 rounds loaded up with the 150 gr PT and Varget ready to go. Plan on shooting a deer out back as soon as I get the rifle.

JD338
Thank you for your suggestion!
I will certainly do exactly that!

I got mine because of the only thing that is available right now on the shelves is .308, .350 Legend, .450 Bushmaster, .300 Win Mag, and 5.56 NATO/ .223!

But, I like .308, and didn’t know there was that much info online for good loads.

Mine’s a Ruger American rifle, with the SIG Buckmasters 3-9x40 BDC scope.

I just purchased reloading dies, for it.

Hawk

I loaded 308 165 gr bullets back in the late '80s and early 90's for a couple of friends. Initially I will work up 150 gr loads because that's what I could get. And for 200-250 lb. WT deer, it's more than adequate for the job at hand. At some point, I may bump up to the 165 gr BT for deer. This will be my deer hunting woods rifle.

JD338

JD338":ovdf3efn said:
I loaded 308 165 gr bullets back in the late '80s and early 90's for a couple of friends. Initially I will work up 150 gr loads because that's what I could get. And for 200-250 lb. WT deer, it's more than adequate for the job at hand. At some point, I may bump up to the 165 gr BT for deer. This will be my deer hunting woods rifle.

JD338
That's outstanding!

I appreciate the info!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Anyone hear from DrMike?

I sure hope he's alright!

Hopefully he's just out hunting.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

I haven't been on as much. I'm dealing with some deeply personal, painful issues that seem to require all my focus. I'll get past it, but for the moment I'm kind of hit-and-miss, I fear. Cut me a little slack and I'll appreciate it.

DrMike":314plsu4 said:
I haven't been on as much. I'm dealing with some deeply personal, painful issues that seem to require all my focus. I'll get past it, but for the moment I'm kind of hit-and-miss, I fear. Cut me a little slack and I'll appreciate it.
So, so sorry to hear that DrMike.

You’re in my prayers, as well as your family.

I hope everything goes well, and will go well.

Hawk

DrMike,
You’ve always been willing to help all of those here. Prayers to you Sir.

For those requesting Quickload, check out Gordon’s Reloading Tool. It’s free and provides similar information.

Back