Hornady Iron Press Kit...

A

Anonymous

My wife bought my one of the Hornady Iron Press kits for a Christmas gift.

While it's not my first press, it is my first single stage press. I wondered how I'd like going to a single after having a couple of progressives. I like it, a lot. The press comes with their "auto prime" feature which is the one feature of a progressive I really liked- not having to handle a bunch of primers.

The kit is typical Hornady construction and comes with everything you need except dies and components. Unlike most kits that have the lowest priced accessories, these are a bit better- digital calipers, digital scale.

So far, cranking out some quality ammo has been stress free.

I know this is an old post, but checking in on how you are liking your iron press.
Cool wife buying you reloading gear!
I have the same press and I really like it. Haven't found anything really wrong with it, except where I have it mounted, I need to heat and bend the handle so it is straight up and down. Totally not anything Hornady could anticipate, their idea of doing the angled left/right handle ports was a good one for shell/ram access.

Still liking it a lot... way more user friendly than the progressive I used to have.

Can't anticipate ever getting another one at this point.

I am with you on that on for sure. I kept my old press and use it for pistol reloading. Just run rifles on the Hornady Been keeping it well greased, would like it to be the last press I ever buy for rifle reloading anyway.

Back