Lab Radar

Wyo7200

Handloader
Aug 20, 2014
After a few trips with the Lab radar I have to say it has potential. There is a learning curve with it so I'd recommend taking some blow away ammo to use while setting it up and getting all the settings right so it tracks your projectile. I'd recommend getting a battery pack to help power the thing.

PRO's:
1. Its a chronograph and chronographs stuff without having to be 'downrange' in the danger zone.
2. The CSV is nice to make graphs out of very easily
3. I've used it for my bow, nerf gun, and several rifles
4. Nothing is attached to the muzzle so the POI and group patterns are accurate for that charge/combo
5. Fellow range shooters leave you alone because they don't want to be seen talking with 'that gadgety nerd guy'
6. I made $10 chonographing for chrono'ing archers setups
7. It (and its cables) fits nicely into a computer bag

Con's:
1. The power button is pressed to easily so if you have it in a bag, it will more than likely turn itself on when being moved
2. Greater chance of it not picking up the shot.
a. If it doesn't pick up the shot, it doesn't pick it up
3. Bluetooth doesn't stay connected (v1.2.2)
4. Doppler mode has been weak

Improvement suggestions (I'll be sending these to them):
1. Make the projectile weight easier to change coming out of a series and starting a new one.
a. Maybe prompt for the weight when creating the series
2. Make it able to pre-load several series with respective projectile weights and settings
a. Make it able to exit and re-enter a series (so you can let one rifle cool while shooting another one)
3. Fix the power button so it doesn't come on while in transit.
4. Explain the power level sensitivity on the screen (1 - airgun, 3 - Silencer, 4 - rile, 5 - braked or something like that)
5. Have it gather the atmospherics from your phone's weather / gps to include in the data.

FYI, I posted this recently in another forum...

Use a faster/larger SD card. I did this per their recommendation, and went an entire session with zero Bluetooth drops and zero missed shots. It definitely helped.

Shucks, I’m running a 16gb sandisk that was retired from my dslr camera.

I got a response back for my suggestions. I’ll have to share them when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back