Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 am 

Stunning scenery, that's for certain. You did a great job displaying the beauty of the canyons. Glad you were able to get the repair needed in timely fashion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:15 am 

9 mile Canyon in Utah? Just outside of Price?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:09 pm 

nvbroncrider wrote:
9 mile Canyon in Utah? Just outside of Price?

Yup. Pretty neat place. I thoroughly enjoyed. (y)

Guy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 pm 

Ask Brian about that place!! We have some fond memories about it. Starting off with the elk hunting sucked!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:20 am 

It's been nearly two years since I updated this thread!

The Jeep is almost 8 years old and has almost 100,000 miles on it. Motor is running great. Transmission, clutch, and transfer case working perfectly as one would expect.

Removed the aftermarket 16x9 wheels and 285/75R16 tires I'd been using. Finally got tired of them sticking out just enough from the fenders to throw rather a lot of muck up on the sides of the Jeep, sometimes clogging up the keyhole in the door (manual locks on this one). Went to a set of 17" stock aluminum rims and some Cooper ST Maxx tires - these too are E-rated tires but have a pretty danged nice ride! They're sized 255/80R17, or about a 33" tall, 10" wide tire, a fair bit more narrow than I'd been running. The tires are nicely tucked inside the fenders, which I appreciate! They're also an interesting tread pattern, an aggressive all-terrain. So far, so good on mud, snow, dirt, and my goodness, even on pavement!

I also swapped to a Teraflex hinge-replacement kit and tire carrier. The original was making some odd noises - I think the heavy spare tire and frequent off-pavement use had damaged it. The new setup is solid and quiet. Also moved the rear license plate to the center of the spare tire. The original location was vulnerable, and I'd managed to bang the plate around quite a bit. It's much more protected now. Hmmm. It's a nice setup, and the way Jeep likely should have done it in the first place.

There ya go, a bit of an update on the little Jeep. It's still working out real well as a hunting rig & for general poking around the hills & canyons as well. The last big trip for it was September, about 600 miles and a week of camping our way through the Idaho panhandle. That was a terrific trip!

Guy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:34 pm 

Spooky clean Jeep. Always fascinating to see the countryside. So, is the snow about gone from the hills?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:02 pm 

DrMike wrote:
Spooky clean Jeep. Always fascinating to see the countryside. So, is the snow about gone from the hills?

Ya, have to get up in elevation to find snow. Of course it lingers on the north facing slopes well into summer. Took this photo today, walking along the Columbia River. The river is at only about 650 ft or so. We're looking south towards town. Then some hills about 1,000' above town, and finally the big ridge tops out between 6,000 and 7,000' depending.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10