Forged True Smithing

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
A friend of mine in Wyoming recently started his own custom knife shop and I'd like to pass the word around and see what you guys think. Last time I saw him he had an example on him which was very nice at that time he was just toying around with the idea. I told him if he ever decided to get something going let me know.

Well he has and it's really impressive. He does all of his own work including the leatherwork. Here's a few pictures of examples he's made recently.

http://www.ftsmithing.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 2,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894.6 KB · Views: 2,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 2,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 2,194
They present well, Jake. I like the offer of lifetime sharpening. Most attractive.

Never had a need for a Damascus type blade, but Ive always wanted one! Very nice! CL

Just another one of my vices :shock:. I better not look to hard as I am quite sure that I would attempt to order one. I do not have many custom made knives but I do own about a dozen buck knives and I have had 5 custom made for family members!
I had a forged knife made for my cousin who owns the place up in northern Sk. he was a heavy duty mechanic for almost 40 years & has 2 hams hanging off his wrists. I had a friend here in Regina forge a knife for him with a oversized handle made from a Elk antler that we had harvested.
Dan has used it know for 2 Moose seasons and a minimum 4 Moose and it is still sharp :wink:. It looks a little disproportioned with such a large handle but he likes it.

Blessings,
Dan

Back