Air Tech Recoil Pad

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
Just put a Limbsaver Air Tech on my Ruger 77 Boat Paddle 7mm/08. Not that a 7mm/08 is a spine relocater, but that boat paddle stock is extremely efficient at transferring the recoil straight back into my shoulder. While I'm hunting it's never been an issue, but when on the bench and running through 2-3 boxes of test loads, it did get to the point where I was pretty tender.

At first inspection it felt pretty soft and spongy, but when shouldered it felt more comfortable. Length of pull was increased very slightly over the factory installed rock hard piece of rubber. The prefit design fit the stock just about perfect. Just note, that if you get one for the boat paddle stock it requires a free adapter that you have to contact the company for. Mine was in my mailbox 3 days after I called.

1st round down range and all I could think was.....WOW !! Felt recoil is now just a brisk bump. Best guess would be somewhere around 7 lbs.

It's worked so well on this rifle I already have two more ordered. One for my son's M96 44Mag and the other for my Rem 600 308Win (always has been a bruiser to shoot).

Great review Gunner. Thank you. Good recoil pad reviews are always welcome.

Great review. So far, I've like LimbSaver pads. I have no doubt that the Air Tech pad will be an excellent investment.

Limbsaver is all I use.
Next time I change pads I'll look for this one. Thank you for posting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Should get one of those for my wife's Tikka, while not pretty they look to be well made and effective.

Just got one for my Tikka T3 hunter 300 win mag, looks great! well give er a test tomorrow :)

Lou

The Air Tech works just great on my Tikka 300 win mag :) .it makes the rifle shoot like a 308 or 30/06 (y) ..I highly recommend this pad, I love it, and makes the big rifles shoot with pleasure while wearing just a T-shirt 8)

Rifle with factory pad,

Installed limbsaver Air Tech recoil pad, fit and finish is great!

Picked a prefit up for my M70 that I am having rebored and I must be unlucky or the package was miss marked because it was so far off from fitting it is unreal. Now I have to take it back and I'll take the but plate along and see if I can match it up. The old style limb saver I put on the M700 was a very close fit but this one is a 1/2" too small all the way around.

You can save yourself some time. The Sims website has printable templates of all the pad sizes. You find the right fit at home and then make your purchase. It's strange yours was so far off, mine went on like it was factory installed.

Gunner46":24g044s4 said:
You can save yourself some time. The Sims website has printable templates of all the pad sizes. You find the right fit at home and then make your purchase. It's strange yours was so far off, mine went on like it was factory installed.

yeah, they must of gave td the wrong one, mine fit like factory installed too, and really works as advertised :)

Lou

I think they put the wrong pad in the package or miss labeled it. I took it back to Bass Pro and returned it. I also measured the butt of the stock and took the Winchester rubber butt plate along to check the size and fit for the new one and it was marked to fit Browning, Rugger and Winchester. The new one I picked up does fit better but is a little over size by about 1/16" and I had to re drill the bottom hole which was off by about 3/4". Other than that it fit fairly well. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see the over lap of the pad base. I might try to grind it down for a closer fit.

Attachments

• NCM_0246.JPG
    NCM_0246.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 5,286
truck driver":2duoghdf said:
I think they put the wrong pad in the package or miss labeled it. I took it back to Bass Pro and returned it. I also measured the butt of the stock and took the Winchester rubber butt plate along to check the size and fit for the new one and it was marked to fit Browning, Rugger and Winchester. The new one I picked up does fit better but is a little over size by about 1/16" and I had to re drill the bottom hole which was off by about 3/4". Other than that it fit fairly well. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see the over lap of the pad base. I might try to grind it down for a closer fit.

Looks good td, if you haven't shot it yet, you well be very pleased with the results for sure (y)

Lou

Lou, waiting for the barreled action to return from JES so I can try it out, should be here on Monday or Tuesday. :mrgreen:

From what I have read and seen of the Air Tech they will be on my rifles when the replacement is do :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

truck driver":3qes1ekx said:
Lou, waiting for the barreled action to return from JES so I can try it out, should be here on Monday or Tuesday. :mrgreen:

TD, what caliber is your rifle?..that pad well really make the "felt" recoil seem like nothing (y)

Lou

Back