Sand Bag Rest

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Sometime ago there was a review on a sand bag called a Bully bag, not sure if I got the name right but it was out of my price range and was using home made bags out made out of shot bags and filled with different types of materials.
I was at Bass Pro returning an item and saw this and decided to buy it since I liked the looks of it and it reminded me of the bag that was discussed here. It's a Caldwell Tack Driver. I hope it helps me to tighten my groups. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• NCM_0323.JPG
    NCM_0323.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,450
  • NCM_0322.JPG
    NCM_0322.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,450
The Tack Driver Bag is a fine bag, Rodger; it will work well for you. The other system you are remember is the Bulls Bag system. It is a system of bags and not a single bag.

Thanks Vince and DrMike. AT least I got the Bulls part right or Bully or Bag or something. :? :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Rodger your photograph shows that the Caldwell has a very similar to the upper rest of the Bulls bag system. I really like mine and I believe the Caldwell will work great for you.

Blessings,
Dan

I've got tomorrow off from work and plan on trying it out got some more loads to test in the 35 AI. Hope to have a clean barrel to shoot I've been working on it off and on since last week but today I let it soak with Bore Tech CU in it and brushing it every so often.

Rodger, I've got the exact same bag (y) ..man, it works really well when shooting off the bench, also reduces the felt recoil from the big bores too,

Lou

LD375":1745ja3c said:
Rodger, I've got the exact same bag (y) ..man, it works really well when shooting off the bench, also reduces the felt recoil from the big bores too,

Lou
Lou, it does work great. I'm tall with a long neck so I have to set it on top of other bags to get it where it is comfortable to use.

truck driver":1vnb8ke4 said:
LD375":1vnb8ke4 said:

Lou
Lou, it does work great. I'm tall with a long neck so I have to set it on top of other bags to get it where it is comfortable to use.

I use a few pieces of wood underneath mine to get the proper height for me too,
Lou

That is the same bag that I use. I run a rear bag as well for some added stability. They work great. My only complaint is that I only get about a year or two out of them. My concrete bench is a bit rough and slowly wears through them. It is more of a bench issue than a bag issue thought.

Other than that, they are pretty dang stable and at a price point that I don't mind leaving them in my pick up tool box so I can shoot whenever I want.

Back