Chiappa M1911-22 Citadel

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
I bought this one as a light packing pistol for when I might run into a snake that was ill tempered (too close), or a rabbit/grouse begging to serve themselves for a camp dinner.

I read the reviews, watched the U-Tube's, B4 I ordered it. Worst thing said was that you needed to shoot good quality ammo, no bulk cheap stuff, especially during the 100 rd break in. (yep, tried it. 3 shots of cheap stuff got a FTE)

@ $219, why not.....

So, otherwise here goes:

~ Comes with 2 ploy mags, cheap stuff, but seem to function OK, Plastic hard case, an extra set of front & rear sights of different fiber color, and a fiber bristle wire handle cleaning rod.
~ Love the grips. Full solid purchase to your hand, comfortable.
~ Don't care for the green fiber front sight that is factory installed, it doesn't illume as well as the rear red fiber one's. I'll switch that out.
~ Clips don't drop out, but don't stick either. Maybe some use will help that.
~ Points pretty much like the Mil M1911A1 I qualified with. Shot jump is just enough to take you off target simulating, somewhat, it's bigger brother.
~ Nice thick barrel, for caliber, didn't over heat with a few rapid fire rounds.
~ Accuracy at 25 yds (range rules)....Too far to say with just one ammo brand (Win 40grs). I put 5 inside a 4 " circle. The rest were for function testing.

Overall, not a bad carry pistol for the field, or a 'Coup de Gras' , not a serious target shooter. Plinking, or having fun with the family.... it's a GOOD TO GO !

I can see Critter McNuggets in my future...........

Good review but where's the pictures? If it's a true 1911 copy you can get metal mags for it and they will drop out or you can get some brass and make weights for them.

Update: I've had it a few weeks now, had some range and field time with it.

~ The magazines have smoothed out, with use, and drop with a lot less effort. With some more use I see that they will probably just drop free. Still, I'd like to find an after market metal version.

~ A couple hundreds rounds primed it up very nicely, thank you. No more FTC/FTE issues, as long as I hold a firm grip. Weak hand it and 1 in 10 will get a FTE. A tap on the back of the slide and Bang.

~ I took it to qualify for my CCW license. 5 shots, inside 3", 10 inside of 5", at 15 yds. DONE.

I think I'll keep it.

Do you think that is the same gun, different label, as the .22 I bought, sold by Sig?

Mine sure has proven to be a nice .22 cal substitute for my .45 1911. Even fits the same holsters perfectly.

Guy

Back