Kifaru Gun Bearer

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Tried out a new piece of kit on my Newfoundland hunt that I wanted to let you all know about.

I'm a old fifty year old that walks like a dottering eighty year old due to my knees. With that in mind I favor using walking sticks for balance and to relieve pressure on my knee.

So what to do with the rifle? Slings tend to slide off the shoulder. The rifle scabbard on the pack is too slow to access. Carrying the rifle in your hand makes you give up one of your hiking sticks.

It sounded too good to be true but a little company in Colorado makes a gun carry system designed for use in bear country that keeps your hands free until you need your gun and provides quick access.

So hearing this I decided to give the Gun Bearer a go. After a week using it all I can say is, I'm a fan! I'll be using this all the time now. Well made, simple, inexpensive, what more could one want? It's evident that a hunter designed this product.

Go over to the Kifaru website, or YouTube and check out the video. It may be just what you're looking for.

http://www.kifaru.net

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I've not seen that before -- thanks for posting this! I normally use a front carry sling (Safari Sling) but would be interested in this for use with a pack. After using it for a week, is there anything with its use that you did NOT like?

maverick2":11w3vfbu said:
Interesting. I've not seen that before -- thanks for posting this! I normally use a front carry sling (Safari Sling) but would be interested in this for use with a pack. After using it for a week, is there anything with its use that you did NOT like?
Honestly can't think of anything.
You have to play with it a bit sometimes to get the right position so the scope doesn't bang in to your arm but it's not a big issue.

Some folks complain that the rifle flips on them but I think that's a fitment issue and positioning it correctly I think. I'll be testing it with another rifle next week on my deer hunt.

I'll also be testing the Koala Lite to carry my handgun, gps, snack, 10X binoculars, and rangefinder. It's a good piece of kit too from first appearance.

Vince

Used the Kifaru Gun Bearer with my Kuiu Icon on this last hunt.
If the rifle flips on you one just needs to adjust it. This thing is great and gives quick access to the rifle while keeping your hands free.

I've had mine a couple of years now. And love how it distributes the weight and can be adapted for different rifles.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Back