Kifaru Koala Lite

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
On my recent hunt I was looking for a way to carry my handgun that didn't interfere with my pack.

I already knew I didn't want a holster attached to the pack belt because when I took the pack off I'd be without a defensive gun. Past experience has taught me that a holster on my waist was inaccessible under the pack belt and was uncomfortable.

This led me to the Kifaru Koala Lite. It's a chest mounted pack, using the accessory chest straps, that is designed to carry a handgun and give fast access with the pack on our off.

I also used a 2 inch accessory pocket in front of the Koala Lite. In the pocket I carried my rangefinder, gps, blood glucometer, snack, truck keys, and hunting license. The pocket is well thought out and the two slots are like they were made for a rangefinder and gps.

The harness is a wide nylon webbing strap that distributes wheight well. The buckles are high quality plastic and the straps were not uncomfortable for me with the pack on.

Now the main bag. It's big enough to hold a 5" 1911 or 6" N Frame. The back of the bag is covered in the plush velcro. Kifaru makes a gun carrier with the hook velcro but I opted to sew hook velcro on a cheap holster I have for such occasions.

There's two pull tabs, one for either hand, to access the gun. The zippers are smooth, metal, and function very well. You can also take the harness off and attach the Koala Lite to your pack but I opted not to.

So if you're looking to carry things and want them more accessible to you than your pack I suggest you give the Kifaru Koala Lite a look at :

www.kifaru.net

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wow!
86 looks and not even one comment.

Finally got some pictures to go with it. The accessory pocket will hold a pair of 10 X 42 binoculars too.

6c7aba3afabcb9624f6872199f3f8382.jpg

0c5d2bc7a34c1d9ddd437356b78d550a.jpg

86a69c5705037cef64186a383f1f534e.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1450924392578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450924392578.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,650
The pack does look handy. However, the head on your toothbrush is looking a little dodgy. Might want to replace it soon. :grin:

DrMike":2nylwcvp said:
The pack does look handy. However, the head on your toothbrush is looking a little dodgy. Might want to replace it soon. :grin:
OOOooh, a bath room mirror selfie. :roll: :lol: (y)

I dunno.

12x8" across my chest. Too much. Too big. For me. Don't want. No thanks.

But if it works for you - GREAT!

Guy

Makes a good front rest for your rifle when you go prone too. :)

Back