HiPoint CF380

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
Thia is an Out Of the Box review, I've not got a chance to pop a cap, as of yet.

TIGHT. Springs are tight. Magazine is tight. Slide is tight. Safety is tight.

Grip fists my hand like it was made for me. Safety is a bit hidden from the thumb and seems to be a two stage bump to clear for fire.

Love the ghost ring with the yellow front sight. Point's instantly and w/o any thought process, for me.

Weight....balanced, well above the grip plane, but more so than some might consider for a carry weapon. Doesn't bother me at all, after all those years of toting a service M1911A1.

Did I mention it points instantly w/o any thought process ?

I've been carrying it for a couple of days now and to be honest it didn't take all that long to not feel that I had it. Unexpected, considering the heft it has.

Next report after a clean up, buff down, and some range time.

Did I mention it points instantly w/o any thought process ?

300 rnd review:

Ammo was 250 rnds of Federal 95 gr FMJ, and 50 rnds of Hornady Custom 90 gr XTP's.
The FMJ's were pretty much just to break in the pistol and get to know it. The XTP's to decide if I wanted them for CC carry.

Yardage was 5-15.

Sorry guys... but this going to be a boring report. No FTF's, No FTE's, No jams, no Nada's. Bang, bang, bang...............bang..........etc.

Back