Cheap Borescope Not Too Bad

TXbaldhunter

Handloader
May 12, 2007
I got my 10 dollar Ebay China special today.I hooked it up to my laptop and ran an inspection.I'm quite impressed with it so far.I checked one of my rifles that showed some copper fouling.Couldn't really see the detail that well until I did this.I made a slightly loose plug out of a paper towel.Then I ran it right down to the throat with a cleaning rod.I then inserted the scope into the breech end.When you get near the plug,the light reflect real well and you can see amazing detail 360 degrees in front of the camera.The plug was loose enough that I could push it ahead with the camera cable and thoroughly inspect the complete bore by pushing the plug ahead and then moving the camera cable back into focus.My lands and grooves looked excellent all the way until I ran into a little copper still present at the last few inches of the barrel near the muzzle.Try this and you will be amazed at how much better detail you can see.The one I have is 5.5mm.I measured it with my calipers and it measures 2.145,so it will work with 22 cal.I got mine on Ebay,direct from China,free shipping for $9.90.It took three weeks to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272483310517?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Here are some pictures I took.I could see there were some copper streaks,but I didn't know just how deep it ran down the barrel.After doing my inspection,it was only the last couple of inches that showed any copper.Purty dang handy tool for anybody to have around.
Here are the leads

Mid bore

About 2" from muzzle

Looked at a couple more of my rifles.Looks like I need to do a little copper cleaning.Some showed signs from the throat all the way to the muzzle.

Back