KRG BRAVO CHASSIS

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I have been playing around with different stocks the last couple years. I find myself going back and forth between chassis systems and conventional style tactical stocks.

The chassis style stocks are great for shooting off the bench but I could never get really comfortable carrying them in hunting and field positions. They were also quite a bit heavier than conventional style stocks.

Of the chassis style stocks I have tried the KRG X-RAY was one of the better ones. It was also one of the lighter ones.
ec2c0a5bece827b28cad83fd82c2f850.jpg

When I saw the new bravo chassis I knew I wanted to try it. It looked like the best of both worlds. The stability and adjustability and accessories of a chassis and the ergonomics of a conventional stock.

I picked one up just before Christmas. I have to say I’m very impressed. All the benefits of both a chassis and a conventional style stock. Reasonable weight and great ergonomics. It feels very much like a Sako TRG. The vertical grip angle, large palm swell, and thumb rest allow for a very good feel and great finger position on the trigger.

The built in magazine well works perfectly with both metal AICS magazines and the polymer magpul magazines. Both fit snug with very little wiggle room.

It has ample mounting positions for any accessory you could think of and the flat forearm and magazine well lump make for a perfect fit with the pig saddle. The flush cup sling mounts work great.

It weighs right at 42 ounces before the monopod and bipod are installed. Not a light stock but much lighter than most of the other chassis systems I have played with. A full aluminum backbone with polymer outer shell.

It was very comfortable to shoot with, it was cold enough that my phone battery died before I could get any pics from the range. I was surprised that the polymer didn’t feel nearly as cold as a bare aluminum chassis.

I think this is probably the best value out there in a tactical style stock. $350 and ready to bolt on. Compared with similarly priced stocks like the magpul hunter and B&C tactical stocks this is a much better option.

193d4c4c036af841f0ba512eee5e1ceb.jpg

a56e0193e5e3514dbf5d6f87430a2c8d.jpg

e1239e188c4d5021c9c8791a0cea33a3.jpg

737d77789ecbf0834a97cce657b536d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at these since Legacy Sports have some Howa’s with these stocks. Unfortunately they are not for sale as the stock alone at this time. Maybe soon they will, because it looks like a great compromise.

I'm up to three of the KRGs. I run a whiskey and a couple of xrays. Bravo will be next up for my 22-250 build.

Super comfortable and easy to adjust.

100f85232263120fb5b13fd9be9beb16.jpg

This is the BRAVO dipped in kryptic mandrake. I continue to be impressed with this setup. Very comfortable, and very accurate. For my money it’s the best value out there in tactical stock/chassis systems

That's sharp. I love Kryptek's pattern, how's it hold up? Are you finding the dip to be fairly durable?

So far so good. We’ll see how she looks after a hunting season. It’s over cerakote so it should hold up pretty good

Back