Athlon Optics and Cust Serv

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I won't go into a full review of the scope, there's enough of them out there, but I wanted to give a shout out about their quality and CS....About 6 months ago, after reading all the great reviews, I took a chance on an Athlon Argos BTR scope for my daughter's 7-08..I was pleasantly surprised by just how nice this scope is for a $360 first focal plane scope. But about 2 weeks ago, after it's seen around 200 rounds, I pulled the trigger and the scope instantly went very blurry. I had to turn the eye piece all the way until it stopped to bring it back into focus. This scope has a side adjust parallax, and I assume that came loose. The shot pattern opened up dramatically..They have a no questions asked lifetime warranty, so I printed off a return slip and mailed the scope to them..Yesterday a brand new scope showed up on my doorstep..Hopefully the first was just a fluke and I'll get the same good service life all the reviews rave about..So customer service gets an A+ in my book..For the money, they are a great buy for those on a budget..A lot of the reviews compare them to scopes costing $1000+ and saying they are just as good...Well, that's just not true, and I wouldn't expect it to be true.

Earl/35Whelen was a dealer for them in Maine I think but I haven't heard much from him about them lately.

Back