2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Bought a new truck a couple weeks ago and I must say that I am still grinning.
GM did a nice job on this one. The 6.6L Turbo diesel with an Allison 6 speed transmission delivers 445 HP and 910 Ft Lbs of Torque, plenty of power, very responsive and still getting 20-21 mpg at 70-75 mph!
This vehicle is loaded with many safety and creature features.
I have an ARE truck cap ordered and should have it installed in the next 3-4 weeks.
tqqCExrl.jpg

JD338

Good looking truck, Jim. I have no doubt it will be as good as you have had in the past.

Congratulations on the new truck. I picked up a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 on March 1st. Nice truck but has intermittent grinding in the front end. Dealer has changed some parts but the problem persists, but only intermittently.
Told the dealer I am ready to pick up the radiator cap and drive a GMC, Ram or Tundra under it.

Congratulations on the new truck. I picked up a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 on March 1st. Nice truck but has intermittent grinding in the front end. Dealer has changed some parts but the problem persists, but only intermittently.
Told the dealer I am ready to pick up the radiator cap and drive a GMC, Ram or Tundra under it.

Thanks fellas.
I've owned a lot of vehicles and I drive a lot of miles every year, this one is by far the nicest rig I have owned.
I will post another picture with the Cap when it comes in.
Looking forward to putting a couple of moose in the back this fall.
m9QVQ3Nl.jpg

JD338

Here's pulling for you to get some blood (preferably moose blood) in the bed. (y)

GMCs are the cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned and that is a nice one.
My present one is a 2004 and has over 100k on it. The 6L V8 is a good engine but loves it's gas turning the 410 gears but still manages 16mpg. The old gal save Rol_P and my bacon last fall coming off the mountain after the snow had melted and the road turned into a quagmire.
I own 2 fords the first one and the last one, the auto locking system in the front hubs would lock in when ever they felt like it and made a grinding sound like what Rol_P is experiencing.
I traded it off on a 2 wheel drive GMC and have never looked back.

The ARE topper finally came in. This is the CX series which is lined with carpeting. Both side windows flip up and have a screened slider for ventilation. The front also has a slider and the entire window drops down inward for cleaning. The color match is spot on.
uxod37R.jpg

T2HURZp.jpg

JD338

Slick looking truck Jim! That should last you a heckuva long time buddy. These new diesels are amazing machines.

I am a ford man ma'self but I gotta say the recent GM offerings are SHARP! That Duramax will get it done too! ENJOY :grin: Not totally sold on the eco-boo-boo concept either.

And then there is THIS.... :grin: :shock: :shock: (y)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAArDkolwE

All I need is three mortgages and four lifetimes to pay it off, but it would make me look at a GMC for sure.

CL

Beautiful Gimmy Jim :wink:. All makes and models have their good and bad but I have driven GM for most of my life (y).
I bought a Sierra 4X4 when I retired in 2008 and it has the little V8 in it, I have had a few issues but overall it has been a good truck and I am still driving it.
Looking at getting 1 last new or newer one before I quit this game and GMC is still in the running.

Blessings,
Dan

Back