Hornady Case Prep.

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to get back into my happy space :wink: my Man Cave! Well I was resizing some brass when my Hornady Case Prep just siezed up so I took it apart & found that a plastic gear had snapped in half :shock:. It looked like a easy fix so I emailed Hornady & was advised that they can only deal with international/Canada through their distributor in Canada which was the Korth Group which I have dealt with on a number of occasions.
Anyways I call Korth & they advised that I would have to send the product to them :? I then sent them a photo showing the Prep & how easy it was to repair. They then gave me the name of their Rep at Hornady.
I called her & within 5 minutes parts were packaged & on their way :mrgreen:.
This Lady was knowledgeable & very polite, what a joy to deal with (y).
It seems in this day & age we always hear about the negative, so I am posting advising how pleased I am with Hornady’s Customer Service (y)

Blessings,
Dan

Good report, Dan. That is the sort of report we all like to hear.

Excellent!

I've noticed over the years that many companies in the firearms/sporting goods field have excellent customer service & repair services.

Leupold, RCBS, Ruger spring to mind instantly for me.

Guy

Good customer service goes a long way to gain repeat and new customers, unfortunately happy folks tell way less people than someone who is upset with a company. Lyman and Lee are also pretty good to deal with. I have a Lyman auto scale that started acting glitchy and was out of warranty..I called and they put me through to the "scale room" and since it was out of warranty, a very friendly lady walked me through what to check on the inside of the scale. Turns out it was a ribbon cable from the mainboard to the display. She dropped one in the mail and I had it about a week later and the scale is up and running fine, and I wasn't charged a single penny.

Thank you all for posting your good experiences! I already do business with some of the companies mentioned, but stories like these keep me happy to buy from them. Even though I haven't needed a warranty, or had a reason to call them. It's nice to know if I did need to, they will be courteous, helpful, and fair. I will be looking to spend some money in the near future with Lyman, as they're about the only one I haven't bought something from in a pretty long while. (I want to get into casting my own bullets again.)

Some of my own good experiences have been from Vortex, Christensen Arms, Forster, ADG, to name a few.

Back