Space Age Super Lube

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I don't know if you guys and gals know about it but Dupont developed a lubricant that has a high flash point and low freezing point for use in space and is the only lubricant that can be used on breathing apparatus valves since it has no oil in it and is pure PFTE(I think I spelled that right)
Any way since oil and air guns don't mix and the oil explodes under pressure and burns I decided to give this very expensive lubricant a try since all the air gun Pros were yakking it up and I was having trouble with one of my Magnum air rifles dieseling I need to tear it down and clean it up any way.
The product can be bought on Amazon under the name of Ultimox 226 and is a fantastic slippery lubricant that just a very light film will be all that is needed on bolts and firing pins in cold weather since it is water resistant and and anti corrosive properties.
The stuff looks like cool cream and is about the same consistency.
If you decide to get it don't over use it more is not better with this stuff and at the cost you are wasting it and money. A 40g jar is $30 on Amazon and Dupont wants more for it.
Dupont makes a whole line of Krytox products which is the same stuff just their brand name line.
Warning though since once you put it on you will find it difficult to remove since it works into the pours and is not compatible with petroleum based lubricants.
This stuff last for 40,000 cycles in a spring air rifle on the air piston and main spring.
The metal will fatigue and things break before this stuff wears off.
Thought you would like to know. :wink:

I wonder if that might be something to lube the ram on my loading presses. For the last three decades all I've ever used white lithium grease.

Word of warning when you use this {ALL OIL BASED PRODUCTS MUST BE CLEANED COMPLETELY OUT}. It is not compatible with any type of petroleum based products and will not mix but separate out.

Back