Range finders

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Looking at maybe picking up a new range finder and was wondering how the Sig Sauer KILO 1400 BDX OPMOD stands up to the rest of the crowd.
Leupold has the 650 in about the same price range which ranges about as far as I need to shoot but sometimes more is better and that's why I'm looking at the KILO 1400 BDX.
Any info will be appreciated.

Hey Roger,

I have a Bushnell Elite. It’s an old model and the thing I love about it, is the display is easy for me to read. I don’t have any trouble reading it.

When I started looking, I was pretty sure I was going to buy a Nikon or Leupold,

My son has a Leupold. I can successfully range game out at 700 yards with it. It’s really impressive in that I can thread a needle and the the range though things.

I’d encourage you to try before you buy.

I have a Sig Red dot and it’s great.

Your specific model, I’m not up on it.

1) easy to use
2) easy to read
3) appropriate range for intended use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding mjc.
I was hoping for more opinions but there seems to be a lack of interest in range finders.

I’m a little surprised.

I’m sure we have guides who’ve seen it all and I. Sure they have impressions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. That looks impressive. You have a sig scope too?

That box to basically send yardage for dope adjustment is really slick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Kilo 2000. Great range finder. I received it for Christmas a few years ago; it was on sale through Cabela's at a screamin' deal (no really) just before that so I made sure that it was known I'd like it.

They did make some improvements for the 2200 compared to the 2000.
If some of those same improvements went into the 1600 then I would not hesitate to buy one.

The first models (like the 2000) had the point of aim a bit "off" compared to the center of the "target". They improved that quite a bit with the 2200, and would be my only complaint. There were explanations of how to find where the beam is projecting if you have an early model, and now that I know where it is I can work it just fine.

TD,

I wasn't going to respond to a week old thread but I guess I should.

I don't have hands on experience with the Sig rangefinders, let alone the bluetooth ones; but all the Sig Optics I have used have been adequate with decent low light performance and good clarity. Longer range is always desired, as it helps get good readings at closer range in rain / snow. Also it is good for giggles; I find it fun being able to range way out their and having ranging contests with friends, family, etc.

The Leupold 600 / 650 rangefinder I have is a bit hit or miss out past 400 yards. I recently purchased a Bushnell Prime 1300 range finder which actually lets a lot more light in at twilight than the Leupold.

If you haven't purchased yet, I would take a look at the Bushnell Prime 1300 or 1700 and buy it or the Sig. I would personally not purchase the Leupold at this time.

Nimrod84":2p61gdot said:
TD,

I wasn't going to respond to a week old thread but I guess I should.

I don't have hands on experience with the Sig rangefinders, let alone the bluetooth ones; but all the Sig Optics I have used have been adequate with decent low light performance and good clarity. Longer range is always desired, as it helps get good readings at closer range in rain / snow. Also it is good for giggles; I find it fun being able to range way out their and having ranging contests with friends, family, etc.

The Leupold 600 / 650 rangefinder I have is a bit hit or miss out past 400 yards. I recently purchased a Bushnell Prime 1300 range finder which actually lets a lot more light in at twilight than the Leupold.

If you haven't purchased yet, I would take a look at the Bushnell Prime 1300 or 1700 and buy it or the Sig. I would personally not purchase the Leupold at this time.
Thanks for the reply.
All the replies are appreciated Thanks everyone

I have a 1200 yard Leupold with the TBR ability. It also tells you the degree of up or down you are ranging. I like it. It wasn't that much either if I remember right. I want to say $350.00 or something along those lines. It was a gift.

Looking at maybe picking up a new range finder and was wondering how the Sig Sauer KILO 1400 BDX OPMOD stands up to the rest of the crowd.
Leupold has the 650 in about the same price range which ranges about as far as I need to shoot but sometimes more is better and that's why I'm looking at the KILO 1400 BDX.
Any info will be appreciated.
You can use Leupold Vendetta 2 Archery Rangefinder. I think it will be reliable for you. Also you can check here - https://theoptics.org/best-rangefinder-for-bow-hunting/. Read and buy the best rangefinder for you.

Back