Leupold customer service

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Recently purchased scope mounts for a pre-64 Winchester model 70.
The picture for the bases shown in the catalog was different than those I received for that product number thus the screw spacing for the rear base was not right. On Wednesday I called Leupold to ask what product number was needed for my rifle and talked to a rep who seemed very knowledgeable. We chatted for quite some time about rifles and optics while he checked to see if they had a spare rear base to send me.
Unable to find the spare base he then told me the proper product number and said he was going to write up a ticket and have the base set sent to me for no charge. I offered to pay but he stated he could see several Leupold products registered under my name so payment wasn’t necessary.
I offered to send the improper base set to them but he said to return it to the seller for a refund.
Less than 48 hours later UPS showed up with the parts.
With Leupold as with Nosler it is nice to be able to talk to a real live rep with knowledge when a question comes up and experience a level of customer service that is very hard to find these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing. Makes me glad I by from leupold and Nosler. (Add RCBS too!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":3fhlz3m2 said:
Thank you for sharing. Makes me glad I by from leupold and Nosler. (Add RCBS too!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All three companies are world class and have always been extremely helpful!

JD338

Not rifle related, but Darton Archery did me a Huge one, over a split riser, some years ago. No questions asked. Buck Knives as well, on a broken blade. Both no charge.

Excellent! In many years of using Leupold scopes (got my first one in 1974 and still have it) I've only had to send one in for repair, a 4.5-14 that the windage adjustment had failed. Repaired for free and served another 8-10 years after that repair. That scope was on my SWAT rifle and saw a lot of use.

Some companies are really good about customer service.

Guy

Back